Recommended DLCs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allwin20200, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Allwin20200

Allwin20200 Registered

Hi! I never spent any money in RF2 DLCs, I just bought the Minis because of the 75% discount, and now I wanted to have some cars/tracks for intermediate races (Silver SR), but not spending a lot of money since I'm a casual user.

Which ones do you recommend that are (or will be) most used in FR2 Online?
    I see that GT3s and BTCC usually are used, for tracks I guess it will be luck because of the rotation, but if someone knows any track that is more recurrent please let me know :)

Also, is it worth it to wait until they have any % of discount?

Thanks!

2. Danny Wilde

Danny Wilde Registered

Allwin20200 likes this.
  3. TonyM

TonyM Registered

That really depends on which cars do you like to drive, touring cars, GT3, GTE, LMP/LMD, Prototype,….

coltair and Allwin20200 like this.
  4. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Everyone should have the Legendary Track pack.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Every track* is excellent, so presuming you enjoy rF2 and at least some of the cars in it, having laser scanned versions of many of the iconic tracks takes very little thought to commit to. If you can pick up cars while buying those tracks, that's a bonus.

*Formula E tracks, and karting tracks, are very much tailored to those series. If you're a fan of them, great, otherwise maybe don't jump at those.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

As Lazza said, most tracks are devine, but the Formula E circuits...heck I don't even like the Free ones. The main thing to remember, is you only need ONE of any series of cars. So any BTCC, or GT3, or GTE races would only require you to have one of the vehicles. You STILL have to partially install all the others however. Once you have one car purchased you can compete against the rest of the cars even without paying for them. But the tracks for any given series must all be purchased. So look at the ONLINE schedule and see what tracks are going to be run by each series...you can then prioritize your track purchases.

7. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

you can have it all, it's great, except for anything to do with electricity.

Danny Wilde likes this.
  8. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

it 's not objective it 's ideological electric has no place in motorsport and even less in sim racing

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Then you shouldn't be doing sim racing because sim racing is even more electrical than an electric car where the powertrain converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. In sim racing you run with electrical energy only and the only mechanical thing you have is FFB.

10. Allwin20200

Allwin20200 Registered

Thanks for the recommendations!
    I bought Legendary track pack, I know I'll enjoy them. As for cars I'll wait to see how are the weekly rotation going to decide, no need to rush I guess...

Regarding the Electric power units or not, I don't mind hybrid power units or even full electric in a near future, but I don't really like Formula E and FE tracks so I will avoid them for now :)

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And unless you have a very intricate sim setup, that's just an electrical motor too :p

(I'm not a fan of electric cars, watching or driving, at this point - but excluding it due to ideology???)

12. AKR

AKR Registered

Riding electric cars is zenracing.