Rear Wing and Wheels Visible in Mirrors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steveluppino, Jul 1, 2016.

1. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Hello'

Im having problems getting the body rear wing and rear wheels to be visible in the mirrors in cockpit view. I didnt have much practice with rfactor but read in a post that it was possible to get the effect via a setting in the .PLR file.

I tried looking in the .JSON file in rfactor2 but found that the terminology was different to the rfactor .PLR file and couldnt find the exact reference to mahe the adjustment.

I tried with a few settings I thought might be related, but wasnt successful.

Does anyone know which is the right setting to apply to get this effect?

2. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

I'd also like to know how to get the rear of the car in the mirrors with out the player model.

Sent from my Nexus 7

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Not possible by now. (as far as I know)

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

As far as you know? Yes

As far as I know it is possible. You can enable it in .json (self in mirrors or sth like that). However it requires well-done mirrors to project objects in proper manner. I bet it is still due to be tweaked by ISI.

5. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

It's currently (or was, haven't tried in a couple builds) to get the rear interior of the stock car to show up in mirrors. I personally was able to do this. My issue was it would also render the driver and as the camera isn't the drivers head his helmet would show up in corners and other odd times. There was variables you could change between all on or like 1 or 4 or naming specifically but with out explanation I was lost and was hopping for proper documentation.

I'll get the specific line of code from The player file in case anyone can assist or wants to know what it is.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

They only show when someone joins the server. It's a bug.

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Oh, if this realy works now I´m sorry guys! Didn´t knew that this changed.
    But I´m more with Coutie here: Just had it a few times "accidently" when looking back.
    Seemed more like a bug to me too.??
    Or maybe there are cars that I didn´t tried, where it works normally?

9. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Thanks for this, that was the kind of information I was looking for. I'll give this a try in a little while.

Update: So I tried a few different numbers and I'm not sure I'm using them right but all of them seem to do the same thing, at least with the stock car.

"Self In Rearview":"2",

I'v tried 2,3,4,5 all seem to show everything. Do I need to seperate them by comas ? What's the proper formatting ?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016