Rear flap(DRS) should be always disabled on circuits with no DRS zone.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Altron, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Altron

Altron Registered

Real flap(DRS) is intended only to be used in DRS zones.

But circuits without DRS zones make it possible to activate Rear flap all the time, which is not realistic and not appropriate.

On circuits without DRS zone, AI always activates Real flap on all straights(sometimes even on corners), which make me to do the same. It is very disturbing and not realistic, which leads to avoid selecting cars with DRS on circuits without DRS zones.

Circuits without DRS zones should disable all Rear flap activation. (or there should be an option to disable it at least)

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There has been some discussion about that. It should be a main menu option to disable DRS before the track loads. That way you can take the Formula Pros(for example) to Road American and not have to bother with AI opening up the rear wing even on the shortest of straights.

3. Altron

Altron Registered

I tried to find the option in all the menu (even in player.json) and couldn't find it. Where would it be?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sorry, I wasn't clear. There is no option at this time. But it is definitely a needed new feature. Something we hope S397 adds to the sim.