Realroad :: autosave not loading on dedicated server

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Spadge, May 5, 2013.

1. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Hi everyone

I am having a problem with realroad saves (including autosave) not loading at the start of a session. I don't know if it's something that I am doing wrong, something I don't understand or something just not working on my server.

I can select the file I want it to start with in the weather tab of the hosting options, but at the start of the session the track is always green.

By way of an example, I started a session last night comprising a 1hr practice, ten minute warmup, 6 lap race with 10 AI and time scale set to 5x. By the time the race started the track was getting nicely rubbered-in, a racing line had formed. At the end of the session, I stopped the server and went back to options, selected the autosave realroad option from the weather tab again, went in to have a look around the and the track was green.

I have also tried it the other way: I ran a 2 hour practice with 5 AI and 5x time, saved the realroad from within the client, copied the file to the server and specified it in the weather tab, started server, went in, green track.

Am I missing something here? Is realroad not supposed to be persistent across weekends when using autosave?

Server and client both running build 198.

Thanks

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Just start a session offline with the car and track you want to use and lots of AI on the server. Use several different classes so you end up with a nice wide realroad surface. Hit CTRL X and let the AI run fast for 10 minutes.

Save the realroad, go to .....rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Croft (for Croft obviously) and grab the .rrbin file you just made. Copy it to the server and choose that realroad file to start the session. Autosave just doesn't work.

3. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Thanks for the reply, Guy.

Any other suggestions?