Realroad and other track visual problems

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Ozzie85, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Ozzie85

Ozzie85 Registered

Hi im having a few issues with the visuals of my track and realroad atm

using 3dsimed3

what is happening is with my track with no real road looks like this [​IMG]

but when i activate real road it goes all dark like this [​IMG]

in game its dark and when i have rain on then off a bright dry line appears. and there is no road reflection for some reason.

ive looked around for this issue on the forum

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Whiwh shader were you using before implementing RealRoad? Stage 2 of the RealRoad shader is typically a multiplicative blend detail map. That would make the road darker than the T1 texture.

For reflections, make sure the material is set to use REFLECTEDENV, and that this REFLECTEDENV reflection map is set up properly in the SCN (compare with other tracks would be the fastest way to understand what's required in the SCN).

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

What exactly do you mean by "using 3dsimed3" ? You'll have no control over the UVW mapping there, where is the model from ?

4. Ozzie85

Ozzie85 Registered

i made the track in bobs track builder exported to rfactor then converted to rfactor 2... ive solved the real road issue i forgot to add a alpha channel to the road texture.. still not figured out the reflection issue.

and this one

[​IMG]

there should be a fence there but all i get is dots

5. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

In rF2 fences should be modelled on both sides (1-2 mm distance of fence's "sidewalls"). Your dots are probably result of single side poly.

If they are modelled on both sides, then you probably have setup material transparency incorrectly.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  6. Ozzie85

Ozzie85 Registered

think ive solved that issue with the fences by making the texture double sided ...

ive got another problem now lol the track or any other thing i have real road configured on seems to flash between dark and light ingame..

if its not 1 thing its another lol

edit: ok solved that one aswell... some how i had 2 of the same objects with different names fighting for the same spot in the universe lol

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
  7. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Don't do that. Lightning of rF2 won't work correctly with double-sided materials assigned to plane. Make your fence a full box.

Cheers!

8. Ozzie85

Ozzie85 Registered

i have to be missing something with the rain reflections... even using the same info and textures from another track where it works i still get nothing