real road setup anyone have a tutorial on how to setup from start to finish

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by les, Feb 13, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

i looked at the tutorial for track tech but i cant figure that out im not sure how to go about setting up the materials the proper ids

i know i have to change the name of my gmts to road_surface01.gmt
    i can do that but setting up the material ids have me confused

i am really new to using 3ds max for rf2 i made tracks in rf1 but i used simed3d for rf1 now im using 3ds max 10 and im not sure what to do

any help would be appreciated

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I have the tutorial somewhere, 1 moment I will go see if i can find it.

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Ahhh here you go, (and how cool is that, I didn't even have to search the forums myself, I came accross it checking out the new posts) :)

ps, lucky I found that, I was just about to start up a new thread to ask someone else to go find it for me. ;)

4. les

les Registered

i read this as a matter of fact i have the copy of it up and was re reading it but my problem and yes its my problem is all materials have a material ID right like road materid 1 not sure if i have the material numbers right bump material 2

that is why i asked if there was a tutorial from start to finish on adding the stuff for real road here are screen shots of things i dont understand View attachment 1136 View attachment 1137

as you can see by the pics im confused by the id numbers and from what i do get about realroad you have to have things in the right order in the subfolder

5. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Try using the 3dmax help file.

I am not giving you a hard time, I'm just attempting to teach you how to help yourself. Before you start another new thread asking a question, try a few things first. Read every tutorial supplied by ISI (including the car one's), use 3dmax help, use google and use youtube. This is how everyone else has learned al this stuff.

ps, the car tutorial will teach you how to set up a gmat.

6. les

les Registered

thanks ill work on that