real road clarifications please

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Andrea1968, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

hi all, I would like to ask some basic questions to understand how real road works, (sorry if I say trivial but I'm beginners), I'm learning to use blender in particular I'm trying to understand how uv mappings work
    we pass to the questions some accompanied by photos.
    1) the effect of the realroad can I get it only if I use special shaders such as realroadshader?
    2) loading with blender a GMT traced with material realroadshader (assigned by 3dsimed) and mapping the various textures I get a list that is this:
    uv map level.png
    how should I interpret it in relation to 3dsimed based on the mapping table released by study 397?
    these are the textures I used:
    texture.png
    3dsimed 1.png
    3dsimed 2.png
    in the photos of 3dsimed the textures do not occupy all the right positions is just an example
    if it were possible to have clarifications or links that specifically talk about the problem I would be very grateful because I'm spending a lot of time on this topic and I would like to get some results, thanks to those who can help me.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I don't know about blender, but your material name needs to end with _WET, and your road object needs to have racesurface_ in front of it, so start there.

Sergio Loro likes this.
  3. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

hi, thanks to your advice and a lot of time spent to understand how to map with blender start to get the first results.
    5.jpg
    this after 5 laps
    7giri.jpg
    this after 7 laps
    at 10 round the sign was very evident, it perfectly follows the fast line of the AI.
    in the photo test the multiplier of the realroad was set to progressive gumming 15x (maybe too much)
    However, there are still many parameters that I do not know but I think the results are quite satisfactory.
    now I miss two things that are still essential.
    1) the tdf file
    2) how to pass from the devmode to the game
    for the tdf I see it hard if you have advice or some useful links thank you so much.

Hazi likes this.