Real Road Autosave

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Mar 12, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all,

What is actually the purpose of the realroad autosave and when is it created?

Is it supposed to allow me to continue a session on the same road as when I left it?

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

3. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

For users:
    Every time a session ends, or if you leave a session (online or offline)... It's saved an Autosave file. You can rename It before to join another session to use It later, or you can configure your sessions like this: P1(autosave), Q(natural progressing), R(natural progressing). Every time you begin a new practice session you will hav your last autosaved file, and will be "updated" when you end the session or you leave the race. Care joining online servers with the same track, if you join a online server Autosave file will be overwritten as soon as you leave the session or session ends.

For servers:
    For servers is really usefull, you can configure a server to start practice session with Autosave file, and then the rest of sessions with with natural progressing. You will have a non end rubbering track even if you restart or close the server. File will be there to rubber the track next time you open you server.

PS: as Luc said, yes :cool:

4. stonec

stonec Registered

After each session change rF2 writes an autosave realroad file which contains the current state of the realroad. This happens regardless of what you have selected in the menu. If you want to use this autosave when you reload the track, simply select it from the preset options.

In general it's not very good idea to use autosaves on online servers, as what happens is the track gets entirely covered in rubber after 2-3 days. Our league server uses a preset realroad for practise 1 and then naturally progressing setting for quali and race. That way you get progression between sessions but don't end up with a fully rubbered road.

edit: someone was quicker

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I wish there where multiple session rubber settings.
    Start race 1 as Stonec said, but use auto-save for race 2. would be pretty great because we don't practise/qualify for race2 and kinda start right after warmup but rubber-preset will not be sufficient as its just medium.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks all, especially as this clarifies some other settings.

So "naturally progressing" means not just "rubber buildup during session" but actually "take the rubber from previous session and build on it".

And to have some rubber in first session use preset or autosave...

Makes perfect sense, thanks!

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

so if we load a real road (that's previously been saved) then it continues rubber in during the new session etc

cheers I did wonder this a few times

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

^I've been wondering about this too but yeah, seems to be the case. So if you load a preset, it will continue to rubber in during same session.

9. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Best way to rename your preset rubber file as Autosave, then start P1 with autosave, and the rest of sessions as natural progressing. With this you will achieve what you want. This is what we do in our league for 2 race events. And race 2 starts with race 1 rubber.

For consecutive races (not weekend restart), natural progressing should be enough.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

hm, intradesting, I will experiment thx.