Real Head Motion Plugin 0.1beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magicfr, Jan 19, 2012.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I hope admin will be not mad i post here because i doubt everybody is checking the plugin section ;)

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3005-Real-Head-Motion-Plugin-0.1beta?p=37211#post37211

Cheers,
    Seb

3 people like this.
  2. SacaSoh

SacaSoh Registered

Very nice! +rep

3. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

So the eyepoint stays still and the car moves around instead like in iR? Nice work. There is one feature I've always wanted to see though, relevant largely to modern (especially early 90s F1s and cars with flatspots), that of double vision/visual blurring from extreme speed and bumps. Thus far only the ancient 'Warm Up' has dared try that feature.

4. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Thanks,
    The eyepoint is not completly still, as you can see in the video, when going on a bank the head will follow the car banking, but with a delay. I will not explain again the whole process. But feel free to test and give feedback.
    Seems more work than just using the Camera_PitchDown and Camera_RollLeft commands in the rFactor API plugin ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  5. joker68

joker68 Registered

Nice work. Tried a few laps at Spa66 with F1.
    So far, I like the better headshaking effect, but I have two comments:
    1) Your view during restart is the same what you were viewing when you hit esc/restart. (i.e. if you go out of the track and hit a fence and start to flip, you need to wait until the car is entirely still and your view has returned to the "normal position" until you hit esc and asks for restart).
    2) The effect is ok, but I feel a little "lag input" with it... don't know if it is real or just placebo (think it's mind induced by the image, not hardware/software related), because when I disabled the plugin (G), I was able to be more consistent and fast, doing less errors. Reenabling it seemed to get me back to "mistake mode". Several tries. Maybe just me, though.
    Other than this, I think this is a great addon - perhaps just need a little practice. :)

6. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

OK, this is a brilliant first release. For me at least, it gives a better feeling of driving the car instead of being a passenger. I was able to drive faster in wet and dry conditions because I was able to pay attention to the racing line instead of filtering out the constant jiggling. You're quite right, this feels more natural and caused me less fatigue.

7. magicfr

magicfr Registered

This is a very first release.
    Joker : When you go in/out of pit, when you see the logo on Plugin top left, while you see this logo, the plugin is not running. This is something ISI is doing, don't know why.
    Also, I didn't implement clamping value, that means that you can have the head pointing in any direction comparing to the cockpit, like point verticaly up. This is not good nor realistic and I will implement that in near futur.
    Also, I will had a .INI file to configure the effect, maybe you want it less smooth. I guess it's a matter of personal taste :)

BobDobbs:thanks.

In futur, I must add some motion depending of collision, longitudinal and lateral accelerations. And if you guys have ideas I will study them :)

8. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Great work magicfr, will definitely give this one a shot, thanks!

9. Taranta

Taranta Registered

MotionCockpitView?

10. ThomasH

ThomasH Registered

Awesomeness +rep

11. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

it´s a fantastic work, I really welcome your approach.
    ISI should implement this as an alternative camera option, or even better as the normal choice.

12. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

I must say I'venever been a huge fan of how Rfactor does head movement, that and the fact you can't completly shut it off. I'll definately give this one a try !

13. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

It worked for me in single player mode. Nice.

In on line mod the view constantly spins, making it unuseable. Shouldn't it work in both off and online?

14. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

A nice option. I'm not a fan of head movement, but will give this a try when rF2 will actually run on my machine.

15. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I never tried it online. It's not free bug, that's why it is beta :)
    I can't test tonight, so I will look at this tomorow.
    Thanks reporting this bug.

16. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I tried online this morning, 60's F1 at Monaco, and I didn't get this bug. I don't say it doesn't exist, but because I can't reproduce it at home, I can't debug it :(
    Can you try again and give me more info, do you have low FPS? what car/track? what sesssion , practice/race/qualification?
    Cheers,
    Seb

17. Taranta

Taranta Registered

When you change the gear, the view jumps along with the cockpit.

18. magicfr

magicfr Registered

That's normal.
    When you gear up, the car stop accelerating a moment, so the car lean forward.

19. Taranta

Taranta Registered

Yes, of course but also the scenery skips along with the cockpit; I do not know if I can explain to me, English is not my language, sorry.

20. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I am really sorry, I don't understand what you mean. You are the only person who seems to have this problem.
    Maybe some Italian guy with good English could help you to explain your problem.