"Real grass"

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Wish :

That all past, present and future ISI / S397 tracks have grass with "volume" and more flowers / plants etc.

I note that :

- The immersion and the graphic realism are much better (I just played 5 hours in Assetto Corsa).
    - I also note and especially that many tracks of modders on RF2 have a "real" more or less dense grass, while having performances equal or superior to tracks ISI / S397.

As for the choice of the technique used, as you want !

PS: Assetto Corsa, the grass is very convincing, although the technique used seems simplistic.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You're driving too slow! ;)

GrimDad, DrivingFast and Goanna like this.
  3. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Assetto Corsa doesn’t know if it’s a racing sim or a "pick your dream car and go for a nice drive in the country with a stop for a picnic" sim - many of the cars are completely unsuited to going on track. It is nice in VR, looking around it’s easy to believe you are sitting in your dream car and when you "get out" of the car unlike rF the rear wheels are present :D

Godwind Racing and Steve Olden like this.
  4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I was only talking about the graphics of the grass that provide a great immersion.

Without wanting to offend anybody, AC is between the simulation and the arcade : that is to say according to me not a true simulation.

But I would dream to have these supercars on RF2. A shame that we do not have 1, 2 or 3 beautiful supercars with the latest physical technologies. What a pity !

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I guess the question should not be if a game is arcade or simulation due to different artwork, wich is quite frankly a bit stupid discussion. The question should be how the immersion can be improved to enhance the simulation and if it is realsitic after all. In that sense AC is not a good example because the grass is simply too high for racing tracks that get maintained on a regular base. They improved this though, when I take a look at ACC and it looks reasonably realsitic there. Another question is, if it is really a point that should have high priority? I would rather see more core functionality added to the sim, like surface, ambient temps, wind or fog before we go forward to new cosmetic features. On the content side I would like to see old content maintained up to current spec before they move on to add new features like 3d grass to all tracks. Looking at the list in the rainupdate there are quite a few tracks missing some features. Next to the fact that I personaly see them rather working on new content up to current spec, than spending their time to add something that you will barely notice while racing. Why not a have a completely new track instead of 3d grass added to all tracks? 3d grass is in my opinion something of relatively low priority that should only be added if they have some sparetime to really add it to all tracks.

6. Filip

Filip Registered

Yes I agree the grass texture is not important for me and you but we should have to take into account there are many types of user using rf2. DrivingFast obviously puts graphics as a first priority so grass is important to him. And who are we to say otherwise? He has every right to want better graphics just like others want physics and ffb improvements for example.

AMillward likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Uh oh, now you've done it lol

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

assetto corsa has better grass !!!!! well errrrrr
    do you guys know how much they pay for gardeners ?

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Not a big fan of the grass added by some mods, they look ugly in most views, S397 have to find a way to make their own. I just hope when do it they move this setting to a separate video option (and 3d trees too)

mesfigas likes this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The question is why do not they do it while even the modders do it on their track, and their tracks have good performances.

But I agree this is not a priority at all, just a small wish because I almost played for the first time at Assetto Corsa, and really it adds something.

And dear @Filip, this little spade was not necessary ........

11. Filip

Filip Registered

You said you were playing Asetto Corsa for 5 hours.
    That game is between the simulation and the arcade according to your words.
    More arcade games have much nicer grass, that is a common knowledge and it will always be like that. Just like serious sims have better gearbox models.
    If you want event better grass than Asseto Corsa I suggest you try AMS. It is full arcade.

12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

AMS is acrade ?

13. Filip

Filip Registered

AC is simcade
    AMS is arcade
    RF2 is cade
    Grass is greener on the other side
    Flowers in a sim? For her or for him?

mesfigas likes this.
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

for me is really cool to have a good looking grass no matter if it is not a simulating issue
    i m jealous looking at other sims grass :)
    jealous jealous jealous :)

15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

FF632D1E-3FD3-4333-B351-C0C2939C9417.png The above list is all the basic fundamental aspects and features of the sim that need improving before grass

Louis likes this.
  16. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Off the rails fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.