WIP RC: Hybrid doesnt recharge under braking in BTCC cars

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ben willis, Apr 3, 2023.

1. ben willis

ben willis Registered

Hi there,

Noticed in latest release candidate update that since then, if I deploy the hybrid system in the BTCC cars, and then brake, the battery doesn't recharge. This appears to happen on all BTCC cars for me. With the rf2 DAM plugin i can see that the battery state changes to 3 for recharge, but the total battery level doesn't increase and the motor torque doesn't go negative at all. If theres any further logging i can turn on to help diagnose this bug, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Ben

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  2. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Yep, here's additional info on this. When coming into a braking zone with the 'p2p' activated the battery load doesn't stop at 0, it continues to negative values. Then regenerates back to 0. It doesn't seem possible to activate it ever again. This value (battery value?) does not increase (regens) when its level is positive. Battery level starts at 100% when entering the track and never regenerates (only when it goes to negative values).

Also the game allows activating the p2p even at 0% battery, the variables from the plugin don't follow this behavior. For the driver the only clue that p2p isn't doing anything is that the battery is at 0%, everything else behaves as if it was indeed active.

image-2.png

ben willis likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just clarifying, the BTCC cars have a certain amount of Hybrid power available per each lap. It resets at the S/F line. This is per BTCC rules if I understood correctly.