Random weather option.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rogue22, Sep 13, 2014.

1. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Any chance for a Random weather option along with scripted, sunny, overcast, etc for offline mode?

Just a suggestion.

2. Trokolo

Trokolo Registered

Online mode too...

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I'ld love a random option :)

4. jonnyboy_99

jonnyboy_99 Registered

+1would love some suprises ;)

5. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

¿Setting 50% on rain chances wil do the trick?

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, a real random weather option is much needed.

However, aside from the complexity of making it realistic in terms of transitions (a starting point and an ending point with some reasonable variable transition in between, not 5 literally random selections that might change from sunny to thunderstorm and back to sunny all within an hour), what is also needed is a simple monthly weather data table for the location of the actual track. In simple terms, if random weather is set, it should be a lot less likely to rain in Sicily than in England. The random weather should reflect the actual conditions likely at the track since that would be the whole point of not using scripted weather or "always sunny/perfect conditions" like we are used to in sim racing history.

This is probably a "realistic random" option, but I see no reason for a fully random option in a sim. Even in an arcade racer the fully random would likely be more annoying than fun.

And a live weather options as linked above is also interesting, but useless for tracks where there is a four season climate. Unless we plan to never race on certain tracks (LRP is a good example) during the winter!!!!!! Or, if we plan to just override the date setting and it's always race season in Connecticut, then we may as well use the realistic random option I have described here.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

Live weather would be pretty cool, if that's possible no idea but random or scripted is boring and unrealistic. It robs the dynamics of a real-time engine somehow the sense.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Problem with live weather as an only option is when running circuits in the northern hemisphere in the winter. Always having the very same -5 to 5º weather, so much fun... not.

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

Of course, it should be selectable and the free choice of the user, the possibility to store a time window also such as the real road.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How does random or scripted possibly fit the definition of not dynamic?? They are both dynamic. Static is not being able to choose or set the weather because it is hard-coded into the sim (the way we have always had since the beginning of racing sims until this generation).

And yes, all of these are OPTIONS, not mandatory settings.

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Is the reason why I meant it in the sense, perhaps it is better expressed when I say artificially dynamic, the dynamic of the reality is meant.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You are correct in most of your argument except for the last portion, Grand Prix 3 and 4 had it.

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

A trivial example, a fight whose output can not be known to simulate by running artificial is false but to reflect the real run of the event is a real simulation.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

[​IMG]

What did I just read? Google translator can only do so much

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Sorry, I am instructed to be when I do not feel understood to get out, thank you for your understanding, or is it because you run out of arguments.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Do you speak any language other than German? Maybe translate from that or even post in French, Spanish, Portuguese, whatever... It is impossible to read what you write, it actually looks like you're ending your post with a personal attack. Anyway, back to ignore list before another meltdown or confusion.

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

No i don't fell attacked, i'm very relaxed, you're trying to make it look like that, and I just do not understand why.

edit: it is not more than worth a smile.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
  19. speed1

speed1 Banned

Who attacked whom ? Wait......let me smile again for you. :)

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

We should start a fund to get speed1 some English classes so we can understand what he is saying.

Would love to see "random" weather, GP4 did it fantastically even if it wasn't really random. :p

Random dry, random wet, random mix - keep all of the temps in reasonable ranges and away we go.