Random Pitstop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickbalti, Mar 28, 2012.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

I must be missing the point here -

I was doing an 8 lap race and decided to play around with the Scripted weather. Start dry, rain at 25% to 75% then try again. It did it brilliantly and I even witnessed the trying line, but here is my problem.

When it stopped raining all of the AI cars peeled into the pits? Why? My tires felt fine. Which while I am here I will mention that the car was too grippy in the wet with slicks on.

2. bastins

bastins Registered

I'm guessing it's just the nature of the AI at this point in the beta. You'll also notice when a car gets up behind you, it often doesn't bother going around, it just keeps slowing down to stay on your tail.

I'm betting that ISI simply got a basic AI into the game for now, and will come back later to fill it out properly.

3. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Thank you. I was gutted though because I wanted a good fight, I was second from last with 2 laps to go and I won it :confused:

4. bastins

bastins Registered

Yeah, poor AI can be a total bummer. Good example, I just tried a quarter-distance race at Martinsville (JNS Tracks, rFactor 1), and despite maxed-out AI and difficulty, I was winning handily. Needless to say, I got bored and quit after only about ten minutes.

I really hope they put some sweat and tears into the AI for rFactor 2. Without good AI, you really don't have much of a racing game... just a decent car/driving sim.

5. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Exactly! I'm not good at racing but I still want to put up a decent fight! :)

While I've got you, does your pit limiter work? It seems that mine does work but doesn't restrict the speed I do down the pit lane!

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What strength/aggression/mod/build combo are you using? Since build 60 I've found the AI much better at slipstreaming and then overtaking, for me they now rarely just sit behind...a whole lot better since the first build.

7. bastins

bastins Registered

Off the top of my head, I think I'm running it all at max, various mods, and on the latest build (69). To be honest, though, all my observations are from small test sessions, rather than actual races. Maybe things are better in real races, but in practice sessions, the AI doesn't seem to navigate well. It's not until turns that they seem to go for a pass, albeit half-heartedly.

They're certainly fast, though. I have to work very hard to reach their lap times, which is a lot of fun.

8. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Any idea on my pit limiter issue?

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah in races they are better, still a long way to go I think overall but as they are now they are good...far better then rf1!

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This. The AI should now attempt to pass you, if they're not, it's your settings...

11. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Anyone have any issues with the pit limiter or just me lol?

12. bastins

bastins Registered

Which car(s) are driving? I can't say I've had any problems with the speed limiters I've seen. Also, what exactly is happening with it?

13. 88mphTim

Remember only the modern cars and tracks have them...

14. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Thanks for the replies - it's Formula Renault 3.5 and, Renault Meganes and the GT Endurance ones.

15. 88mphTim

Did you remap it, or is it still the default: L?

Does it work if you stop in the pitlane, turn it off and back on again?

16. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

It works, thats the strange thing. When I first pull out of the pitbox it's on, but I can do 100mph, then when I exit the pitlane I get reminded to switch it off, even though I'm doing 140 odd mph! :confused:

17. 88mphTim

You're sure it's not kph? :)

18. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Haha! Yeah almost certainly! I'll try get Fraps on and show you, be right back

19. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Ok, it seems it happens only on my dedicated server! Works on single player! Any ideas now?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  20. 88mphTim

Not 100% sure on the dedi server app, does it have a rule setting and configuration for pit limiter?