Random "lost connection"

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Remco Majoor, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So, I've been on the VEC begin this week. After like a few minutes I just get "lost connection" and it throws me back to the "trying to direct connect" screen, I can join the race again. I decided to change the network settings, and now, even though it still disconnects, it takes a lot longer (towards the 40 minutes mark).

What are recommended Network settings, and what are possible steps to test/log what is happening? Is there a correlation between the network settings and this thing happening?

Could this maybe be a plugin or a mod interfering with rF2?

My internet connection is 500 mb up and down fiber. I've been pinging a couple of ip's atm, and I am not losing a single package.

2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Registered

Same issue.
    Have had it earlier too maybe 3 years ago and it went away ( cant remember how or did it fix by itself ).

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So, I've ran a ping test towards multiple servers at the same time. Although I'm not sure it is at the same time of disconnection to the servers, I am not getting returned ping from either google, or simracing.club for over 6 seconds. I've had this once yesterday, so I am not running this test on 3 computers at the same time, to the same servers (except for my 2nd computer in my room, which only goes to google). it's now running for 1400 seconds and only missed one ping, only from google.