Random FPS drop and AI stuttering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrtizRommel, Aug 11, 2012.

1. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Hello all,

I have been having a problem with the AI cars stuttering and also having the game randomly freeze for nearly a second then continue on. Another problem I have been encountering is the game will slow down at random to 5-9 fps for about 2 seconds then speed back up to the normal 25-35 fps I get. All of these issues occur at different parts of the race and at different parts of track. I have nothing running in the background either while running the game. All these issues happen in Single Player. Does anybody else have this issue?

My computer is a ASUS G71gx RX05 with a NIVDA 260M graphics card and dual 2.53ghz Pentium chips.

I didn't know where to post this thread, but since I have been having this problem in the previous 4 builds I decided to post it here.

2. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Nobody else has this problem with FPS droping at random? Nobody has a FPS drop but the FPS counter still shows decent FPS?

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I had this, but switching to beta nvidia driver, no vsync and limiting fps with MSI afterburner did cure that.
    http://youtu.be/zu4Xch_rX7Y

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I have seen this before ,it happend to me as well ..Not sure if this is Your prob but many players have had this happen ,your frames stall out, the game stutters and freezes sometimes then comes back all is good then it starts all over again (in other games as well) anyway ,When it happend to me I desided to run the taskmanager to see if somthing was hideing in the background running and sure enough i was getting a spike every few min , I then ran my anti-malware and it found the ltl bugger, I removed it and fps were back to normal ,no spikes no stuttering ..

Anyway ........ these things are all ove the net , the latest one ive seen is called "bundle.exe" it was causing all kinds of kaos as it was reporting in every few min , doing it's thing while jamming up resourses ectt..
    I believe it came from one of the free download sites when they try to trick you with the big download button, you know the one right above or next to the download button you need for the file your after, that re directs you to download ther software .. lol IDK :confused:..

It's an easy fix if it [is] your prob ! It [was] my prob with same type symptoms ..

hope this helps
    good luck !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012