"Rally UI"

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Niko Rodriguez, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Niko Rodriguez

Niko Rodriguez Registered

Hi,
    this is my first post ever on a forum and my english isnt perfect so ill try to explain everything simple.
    I have 2 wishes / ideas for the UI.

1) Please idk if its posible to change by ISI or by modding this screen
    http://imageshack.com/a/img21/769/ru3a.jpg
    i think its really really ugly, the bottons are clear and goob but the "wallpaper" looks like from an Ps1 game
    i think there a lot of wallpapers than can fit and be pretty,
    my idea is a white background with lots of blueprint of the in-game cars and a big rf2 logo in the mid or something similar,
    i think this could be done fast and easily and it would be a big improvement on the aesthetics of the game

2)Rf2 is the best simulator so far, we all know it,but,with its potential, i think it could be more bit focused on rallying, im not talking about the gravel tracks.
    I read on this forum you are planning to do point to point tracks, when this would be done it can be interesting if you make a fourth mode,
    in the principal UI, this one, http://imageshack.com/a/img4/7632/lrxg.jpg
    like a rally mode where people just pick the mod or car, the stage, and try to do its best time,
    this time could be saved and ghost uploaded online,or play online with other without seeing their cars, something similar to what RSBR has
    With this feature the people who actually play rsrbr because is the best pc rallying game,
    could start to think in change the old rbr graphics and physics for the rf2 ones,
    this is a feature that no one of the rival pc simulation games of the moment (AC,Iracing,Pcars..) has.
    and it could help to do the rf2 the most complete of all. This feature could only start with the tarmac tracks, and later when the gravel tracks will be released,
    they could be introduced in this sistem too.
    I dont have any modding or making a pc game idea but i think is easy to implement this feature because the same physics of the car are valid for the car in tarmac on a track than on a stage so its only a UI concept.

Ok so thats all folkĀ“s, only a bunch of ideas from an rf2 fan
    see you on track!

2. Niko Rodriguez

Niko Rodriguez Registered

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We better hurry up with ovals as well, or iRacing might start to get a foothold.

As has been said before, we're developing our product, we are not going to change or adapt based on what other people are doing. In the long run, that is worse for us, and worse for you.

4. ttom4601

ttom4601 Registered

Assetto Corsa isn't in the same leage as Rfactor 2. the live track model gives ISI the advantage over other top race sims. not to mention their superb physics model.
    which is second to none.

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

What in earth does this mean?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So what would be worse for everyone is if ISI changed their plans based on what others are doing. I realise Tim completing his sentence outlining their approach, then next sentence saying "that is worse ..." could make it seem like what they're doing is worse, but that's not what he meant :)