Rain / Water on the Track

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Jeferson Richart, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hi all

I performed some tests in the rain, and I could see that with light rain or heavy rain, after a few minutes the track is always 100% humidity. The only difference between a light rain and strong, is the time it takes for the track is completely soaked. With light rain would take 10 minutes and with heavy rain 5 minutes.

I believe this is wrong and should be corrected, because every track has a slope, evaporation, drainage and other factors that disperse the water. Thus, never a light rain should leave as wet as a thunderstorm. As it is, even with very light rain, it is impossible to continue with slick tires after a few minutes.

The RFE plugin for rFactor 1 worked better in this regard. If I had a rain 40%, the track was watering up to a maximum of 40% as well. And if the rain stopped, this percentage went down as the track was drying.

I think this would be ideal for rFactor 2 as well. The maximum percentage of water on the track, should be the percentage of rain that falls.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

3. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

The problem is also using this tool.
    Regardless of how it is configured, either by a script or plugin, with light rain or storm track is with 100% accumulated water after a few minutes.

And we can not control the amount of water accumulated on the track, just the intensity of the rain, which does not solve this problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
  4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I agree. Rain is not very realistic in this sense. The amount of water a road drains should increase with the amount of water deposited. For high levels of deposited water, draining should be the main factor in water level reduction. Evaporation is more complex since it depends in many factors. However it will become the main factor when the amount of deposited water is low.

For a constant rate of raining, the level of deposited water should reach an equilibrium. Above certain rate of rain water level is so high that aquaplaning will appear.

Besides, the passing of cars drains water from main path. This part is quite well simulated, however.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

5. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Absolutelly agree.

I sent an email to ISI about this, but they don't think it is wrong....

(It's a shame.... bc real road works very good, but while it is raining it's always the same.....)

6. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Its like water is running into a tube and the drain is closed. If it stopped raining its great by the track i way to quick under water and even with only 5% rain you can have nearly 100% water on track. But with 5% it should be way less even if no cars are running.

7. Johnathan Johnson

Johnathan Johnson Banned

Really? LOL. They need to watch some real life racing then. It can rain very lightly for hours and the track will never get wet enough to come off of slicks (I've seen this in person). In rF2, it will slowly get wetter and wetter and wetter, until It's at 100% wetness. Like the water never evaporates. Not realistic at all.

8. geggeinto1

geggeinto1 Registered

Hi all but if can you play with f 1 cars on wet condition ? Just i test with marussia car isi and japan track . It s very bad . Only incident and every 4 laps change tire .

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 utilizzando Tapatalk

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You'd probably find ISI are aware of that, but they tend to wait until they can implement a more complete system rather than throw in a quick fix for the meantime. It can be frustrating but complaining rarely changes their approach, so you just have to make the best of what you have.

That mod hasn't been updated recently, so it doesn't have a number of parameters that would improve the effect of wet weather.

10. geggeinto1

geggeinto1 Registered

Thank you so much from italy

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 utilizzando Tapatalk

11. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Since the rain effects thread is closed in the news and notifications department I wanted to wish for rain drops on the windshield so you could tell when it actually started to rain. This is a pet peeve of mine ever since ISI showed us in 2010 it was possible. GTR2 has it, I have a hard time believing Devs couldn't do the same for rF2. Also the rain spray was much better in GTR2 then what I currently see in rF2.

Thank you ISI for rF2, the only sim I use.:)

foxlol, I lmao at the pic you posted in the fore mentioned thead ;)

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

It's getting ridicilous already (speaking globally, not pointing on you Gupster), this windshield topic is brought since last 5 years every now and then, people waiting for it. Can someone from devs confirm if we will get that windshield rain effect or not, so people could stop waiting for it and start waiting for something else..

13. Comante

Comante Registered

I'm sorry but I've no issue in seeing when it start raining, even if raindrops don't splat on the windshield, yes, it would be a nice effect, but nothing more.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Don't wait for anything, because that doesn't make sense.

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Well, the thread's owner is absolutely on the spot. There's a evaporation coefficient to sature, so if the rain is light, the track must not be flooded at 100% of wetness. This is logical sense, I doubt ISI staff wouldn't agree to a such obvious statement.

Nowadays, if you have few cars running on the track, you'll find 100% wetness at large spots of the track which is wrong.

We'll be glad, as customers, to have few words in this regard whatever it was. "No, the weather model is final so forget windshield drops and correct wetness %" or "It's being developed", etc. I think the topic was intending to point an issue and have some feedback, if he needs philosophy he'd better reading Nietzsche.

Maybe the right place to this thread would be bug report instead of Wish list.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The thread's owner's comments made sense at the time. There have been recent changes that should have altered the situation somewhat. I'd suggest checking how things are right now before continuing complaining about how it was. (and there was always evaporation, it was just very slow)