Rain spray

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by lotusmania, Jun 20, 2015.

1. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

Hey fellas, I'm converting some tracks to rF2, everything is alright ingame and the only problem that i'm having is with the rainspray. It doesn't happen. I've tried to use ISI's original tdf, setted the track materials equal to ISI's one but I can't have the rain spray. Is there something that i'm missing?

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

if your road material is correctly set (roadXXXwet mat name using real road shader in a racesurfaceXXX.gmt) and that material is correctly defined in the tdf (which I grant since using original ISI tdf) it should work. I understand that your visual effects are not lowered to minimum

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

What do you mean with this roadwet? That's how I've configured the road material, following the same parameters of ISI's Indianapolis.

View attachment 17108 View attachment 17108

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

material names for road should end in "wet" ie road00wet. Otherwise reflections don't work.

5. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

Ok, I've changed the materials name, putting the Wet in the end of it, but I still cannot get the rain spray.

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Apparently you have everything right.
    Just to check:
    Are you referring the correct tdf file from the gdb file?
    Can you check that in the material of the road within the tdf file contains a reference to rainspray.tga or something like that? If it is standard ISI tdf it should.

If you want you can pm with a link to the track and I will take a look to see if I can find what's wrong