Rain-spray @ Sebring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

I've done some testing and I have the impression that the balance between visibility and the amount of spray is nearly perfect at Sebring. I have tried the most cars there.
    I don't know why it is different than on the other tracks but one is sure, it is different. I love the rain races there.

So please, ISI devs, Tim, take a close look at the spray at Sebring.

Whilst in cockpit it looks great, it's just like it should be. It is difficult to see something in heavy rain conditions but then again it's possible to look for some reference points and track side objects and the amount of transparency is just right. And also, it looks good from the track side cams. ( I mean as good as it can look with the current spray graphics).

Also the difference between slow speed and high speed spray is just right and there is no such "carpet" behind the car at slow speed.

Please folks, take a look yourself and post here if you agree or disagree and your impressions. It would be cool if we could push it a bit in this direction.

Cheers

PS: I am going to upload some videos later and update the thread.

2. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

It's probably because of a setting in the .tdf file

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

maybe u should post a video of spray in Sebring?

4. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Can you not reading? lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  5. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Well, if some TDF tweak based in Sebring settings may reduce the "flight simulator effect" under severe rain and could be useful as a band-aid for now.

GP4 from eras ago... not so bad.

7. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

As I said a couple of times, I find stunning quality and realism of spray in Sebring, I tried Lola T280, MR01, C6R, BT20 and in all situations the spray is almost perfect, I loved the immersion that gives the sim in Sebring, now I'm using the settings in the PLR happened @Isarmann to not bother cockpit and looks much better : D

8. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

With all due respect, but have you ever seen the Codemasters rain effects? If you think RF2' spray is almost perfect, what would you say about that?

Look the square planes with "spray" texture repeating in your own video and the oil smoke effect in the cockpit. It's far far from almost perfect. But it doesn't mean it won't be almost perfect someday, I hope.

BTW, the "Sebring spray" doesn't exist, is the same spray for all tracks.

9. Miro

Miro Registered

In terms of visibility rF2's spray is ahead of CM's F1 games. The view just gets blurred if you get close to another car.
    The spray itself doesn't make any difference in CM's games in terms of visibility.

But dude, if you want to bitch around please look for another thread. This one is just a attempt to make things better.
    There are enough threads for your view and yes, there is a difference between Sebring and other tracks.

Keep it clean please.

Thank you.

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

gabriel666 has part of reason. I think spray effect is far from credible, but in Sebring is different, tested by me too. Isn't as long as in other tracks... Is ugly as in other tracks, but not annoying, isn't a kilometric opaque gray smoke and obstructs vision at distances very believable, that's the objetive and despite of being very ugly in Sebring fulfills its purpose better than in other games talking about visibility.

This doesn't means that are good or near to be finished, I think they are the worst effects I've been seeing this last years.

11. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

NP satangoss we are here to say, and yes, it looks very beautiful in Codemaster, of course is a company with a lot of money and staff, I mean I make reference only to rf2-visual spray sebring it's not like in malaysia that looks like a plane to jet is too exaggerated and do not intend to fall ill my opinion I'm not complaining, just give my point of view today, which will greatly improve the spray of ISI, OMG I'm a life to translate what I write with google translator ;)

12. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Exactly what it says Esteve

13. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

You mean the rain falling straight down at speed? Yes that is such a wonderful effect. They already have problems with simulating speed ... that straight down rain drops makes it MUCH worse!

14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Spray at Sebring doesn't look bad at all! I think we can be pretty confident that eventually it's going to be very good as ISI keeps improving it.

BTW GP4 rain drops on visor looks damn good! That's how it should be done; blurred because eyes are focused far on the road and flowing air is keeping visor relatively clean from water.

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I mean the effects in general. Yes, the driving physics are ridiculous, but this is not, really:
    [​IMG]

Since the OP politely ask me to stop polluting his thread, it's my last post here. Good luck!

16. Miro

Miro Registered

Dude, you can post as you wish just keep it constructive please.

I just got a bit sick of the moaning posts, I think I need a brake from this forum for a time. :p

17. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

The wet screen looks nice, the spray looks like nothing

18. qusimano

qusimano Registered

this rain spray make me crazy im close to have an epilectic attack with that bad on-off effects in cockpit..
    another huge disappointment is the horizontal cut of spray and smoke at level of asphalt,ISI please fix this because it ruins the overall experience.
    i never whined before about rf2 but this effects are simply wrong,just like my english!!!sorry for that :cool:

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Most of Sebrings surface is concrete slabs, much smoother than tarmac, less water staying on it, hence less spray.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  20. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I think its possible the VLM tracks Sebring and Mid Ohio have their own effects textures. I havent really driven in the rain much in v198 as my first test made me give it a miss until some fine tuning. But I have just been driving around mid ohio a bit the last few days and the tyre smoke looks much better then any other track. Possibly Sebring is using the same effects and this would explain the better rain effect if they have added something similar to what they have for smoke. May need to try the Clios at Ohio and Sebring as the horrible tyre smoke on every other track also turns me of those which is pretty much the same as the rain effect atm.

Mid Ohio was one of the first tracks in RF2 if not the first outside of the ISI releases and those guys have made a couple of masterpieces easily up there with feels 3 and Tuttle. I think the rain effect will be ok but it really is quite bad on some track, when I tried it at lime rock I thought I was following a car too closely in a dry gravel rally stage.