Race for 3dsimed3- Let's get it for her! Meganes at LRP All Chicanes 24 March 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

On March 24, there is a race to buy 3dsimed3 for PetraGTC. She is a modder who has released tons of mods for rFactor 1, Race 07 and is a very active member of many communities. I am raising the funds to get 3dsimed3 for Petra as she has recently bought rFactor 2.

Petra does this for fun and a passion for sim racing. Having 2 children it's tough to get money for this game, so rFactor 2 driver Lem and Guybo are holding this race to raise the money for her to get 3dsimed3 which is 30 Euros. Yeah, not a whole lot of money, but spread out over a bunch of drivers we can all pitch in together and have a great race at the same time!

View attachment 6672

Because of the generous outpouring by the rFactor2 community, any further money that comes in now will be put towards bumping her up to FULL LIFETIME rFactor2!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

2x25 laps
    50% damage
    Dedicated server

March 24, 2013
    16.00 GMT 30 min practice
    16.30 GMT 15 min quali
    16.45 GMT 5 min warm-up
    16.50 GMT 2x 25 lap races

PM me for donation details
    minimum 1 Euro donation
    ALL PROCEEDS go to buy 3dsimed3 for PetraGTC

The balance between funds raised and price of 3dsimed3 will be covered by Guy Moulton and Lem.

-All donators will be included as an AI in PetraGTC's first mod. The winner will be an AI in her first mod AND will have a special livery.

1. Petra "PetraGTC"
    2. Marcus Dillon "Lem"
    3. "Hazi"
    4. "Arnao"
    5. Anonymous
    6. Rob Hermans
    7. Armin Lunsmann "John" from F1C

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Hazi is in! It's going to be a great race.

When you PM me, you will get the Paypal information and the password for the race.

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Wow, I'm kind of floored. In just a few hours we raised all the money for 3dsimed3!

She has the software and the race will be run to see who gets the custom liveries!

If anyone still wants to donate, any money that comes in now will be put towards bumping her up to FULL LIFETIME rFactor2! Just like with 3dsimed3, we'll cover the balance between upping to full and donations.

5. lbird

lbird Registered

Great idea. Hold a charity race to enable modders. Good job Guy, i like that....

6. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

Jesus, many thx guys. Never believed this could actually work, as i don't feel that i deserve to be payed for a hobby :) Many thanks to all of you.

7. lbird

lbird Registered

Welcome on board, Petra. Put that license to good use ;)

8. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

I try my best to bring some good stuff to rF2 as i did to previous generation sims.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's only 1 Euro to enter and proceeds now go to bumping her up to full lifetime rFactor 2. Please consider donating and race for your own livery and an AI named after you.

10. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

A mega big thanks to everyone who donated, and special thanks to Guy and Lem for putting this grand theft together :D As of today, i ma a proud owner of an lifetime rF2 licence. Many many thanks to everyone, i will try my best to keep you undissapointed.

11. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Wellcome - all the best!

Hazi

12. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

If you need any help let me know, pm me here and ill help with some stuff if needed.

Btw guys if you raise enough zmodeler3 has good support and easy learn proces for animations and it supports rf2 overall. Let me know if you will add that.

Cheers,
    Ales

13. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

Thanks alless. I was using ZModeller2 for rF1 and GTR2 works (mostly fbumper or rbumper modifications), but u 're right: if you (have the tools to) build it, they will come :D :D :D

14. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not the person who ripped a lot of content from other games to release your cars?

Again, please correct anything i have wrong, but as of now this is what I vaguely remember of this name? I know you frequent F1 Classics (worst site for low quality rubbish for rf1 on the net), just can't fully remember who you are and if i have this wrong.

If i do, no doubt a few others might, too, so you can correct me for sure.

15. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

Yep, thats me, the person who converted "ripped content from other games" to be precise :) Most for race07, a few for rF1. Just a thought: aren't the best mods for gtr2 or rF1 made from the evil "ripped content" thing?

16. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Unless I've misunderstood your question: No. The best mods were scratch made, fact. Enduracers, Historx, DRM 2.0, Niels work, and on it goes.

Not sure what you mean by your I converted "ripped content from other games" remark. I'm guessing you mean because they were not licensed cars from the manufacturer? If so, that's an incredibly weak, naive argument. Ripped means to take content modelled or textured, etc, from someone else without permission and use them to put their poor excuse for physics on them. Or to take it from commercial games like Shift 2. Pretty sure that's the status quo for this stuff.

Most mods based on ripped content had bad physics. Sorry, but i am not a fan of these mods for a few reasons, and I'd use pretty rude adjectives to describe them. The physics are usually cloud nine imagination. I'd like to see ripped content not allowed to be discussed or posted here, to be perfectly honest, that's why i asked these questions.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Duvel could you please take your argument elsewhere? I made thus thread and organized this event. If you don't want to donate and don't want to use Petras mods that's certainly your prerogative but please dont come to my thread and crap on it.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Check your PMs either here or other forums I share with you- I sent out the password. You can Steam message me too- guybo2000 is my Steam name. Lem, I'll Steam message you soon enough. the server is up right now and will be until the race so if you all want to just go on and play around- it's a private server just for all of you!

You can get the rfmod straight from the server but that can be flaky- you can get it here too.

19. Duvel

Duvel Registered

will do, said what i wanted to say about crap mods anyway :)