[WIP] Race Engineer (Spotter) plugin for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Other' started by cosimo, Mar 19, 2014.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Didn't work for me.

I only get four (4) "bling" (some kind of a windows error sound) sounds instead of hearing my laptime.

Wasn't sure if you meant that I should name the files ending with ".ini" or you wrote it just because the files are ending like that. Anyway, naming them ending with ".ini" made the came crash when plugin loaded. Works with no .ini in the name but as I explained, it doesn't tell my laptimes. Do I have some sound files missing that you have perhaps added?

I guess it doesn't matter how many empty lines I leave before the new code? I left one empty line for both the event and rule code as was left with all the events and rules.

I also newer got any answer when I asked why are "detail" in the code when the spotter works without ISI spotter enabled?

2. whitmore

whitmore Registered

4 blings says ou have done it right just not finding the wav file to play. Sounds should already be in folder supplied by Gerald but I will post folder for sound files ASAP

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I use your code in the latest version but you posted the instructions before the latest version was released. Maybe something changed in the latest version?

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

New Version also need update for me too. Just need to put some sound files back in sound directory.
    Copy all of the files from the zip folder into your spotter/EN directory. Then all will be good.

View attachment 14506

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi Gerald, many thanks for your Spotter Plugin. Just a question about it, rF2 is sending permanently the delta gap against personal best laptime (AFAIK?). Could we have some more informations from the spotter, between the sector points? Like "you`re on green, keep pushing", "you`re on red, try to push" and maybe if you`re more than a second behind your personal best something like "ok, you`re x-second behind pb, try next lap to set new pb" etc. Maybe configurable, how often and within wich time range this information should come...

6. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Actually in practice and qualif, it say if you are green or red. And saying you the gap as soon is fewer than 1s.

Off course as it is configurable you can do what ever you want, including creating your own message.

7. elbo

elbo Registered

I like this plugin, the robot voice is a bit off putting but not critical.
    The only problem I have is that when the voice comes on it lowers the volume (and I think the pitch) of the car engine sound which makes me miss some shifts sometimes because although I had not realized it, it seems that I use the sound of the engine to cue me in as to when to shift gears. Is there a way of stopping this sound drop from happening?
    Also it could be interesting to get in touch with simcar and carlo maker would made the spotter plugin in rf1 and see if they would share their pit recordings...those were rendered very realistically.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

...but on the sector points only, isn`t it?

9. Gerald Jacobson

No. rF2 does not provide realtime gap. It is why Cosimo create a plugin and algorythm in its Best Lap plugin

10. Gerald Jacobson

You can use rf1 spotter sound. You just need to adapt, when needed, the event file as some message does not exists in rf1 spotter.

For now i have removed any sound volume managment. I wait some decisions before working on it

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Ah, i see. I thought rf2 provides this data...thanks for your reply.

12. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Sadly, unless something has changed, carlomaker disappeared long ago, and was never willing to part with the rF1 spotter code, so I doubt if we can get any help there.

13. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Just wondering what decisions need to be made before the volume control can be readdressed?

This is a useful mod. Thanks

14. Gerald Jacobson

If i can use the ISI engine directly (if yes, some few code update need to be done).

15. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Ok, I would use, but the spotter dude is currently way too loud!

16. Gerald Jacobson

Sorry but for now i cannot create a unique volume for every one. For example what you found too loud, it is just fine for me. A possibility is to use "Audacity" to de-amplify all sound in one pass and then export multiple.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  17. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Hmm, thanks, I wasn't actually asking for a unique volume for the moment, only sharing my encouragement that adjustable volume was desireable. When I have the tire volume at 200%, so I can hear the tires and the engine volume at 80%, rfactor2 spotter volume at zero % and sound effects at 100% I can barely hear the tires and engine when I turn down the overall volume so the spotter isn't too loud for me.

As you say, just my observation. I wasn't complaining so much as trying to seek more info to manage my expectations. If volume control is coming soon, I may retain the spotter, if not I may forgo until it arrives?

I was just wondering. Keep up the great work.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Now I can hear my laptimes loud and clear, thanks Whitmore, thanks Gerald :)

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Good hint ! Thx :)

20. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

This plugin is awesome! :) I already had some fun editing some of the events and swapping some of the wav files with the ones in GTR2. Is it possible to add a speed variable? It's quite annoying that the spotter tells me there is a yellow flag when I caused it. :p If I can use the speed of my car in the event, I can tell the spotter not to warn me when I'm not moving or going really slow.