Question to someone from ISI in the graphics developing team of rf2

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by SLuisHamilton, May 25, 2012.

1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Hi,
    My PC specs are this:
    Intel core i7 CPU 860 2.80GHz
    Installed Memory RAM 6gb
    windows 7 64 bit operating system
    Graphics card is HD 6870 Memory size 1024 gb GDDR5 Core Clock 900 Mhz Memory Clock 1050 MHz
    enough hd space
    I run rf2 at 1360X768 at 60HZ with almost every thing maxed out in game settings and, to use as example, start in Monte carlo with above 100 fps in a 26" LG. Driving alone most of time i get over 80 fps but at start grid with 20 cars and 12 visible the fps drops to 30~40 then after cars spread along the track i get over 50 fps.

My question is: with this specs i´lll be able to run at 1920x1080, 60hz and all graphics maxed out in game with a minimum 60 fps when this beta become gold?
    If not, where i must to upgrade?
    And whats the minimum hardware you believe will need to run rf2 at 60fps in triple screen usin 22" monitors?

Thanks, sorry the english.

2. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I have 3 23" monitors. and I use 2 GTX 470's and get 60-70 FPS... although I have to turn HDR off.

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

All maxed ou on graphic settings and screen resolution?? Because, on graphics card matter, you are much above recommended specs by isi (i don´t know what police games company use when they call "recommended setting' if that means the game will can be executated at his best graphics settings without stutering because i´m not really a gamer. Once a have installed F1 2011 by codemaster when i buy this graphics card and on all setting on maximum, if my memory didn´t fail, i got 43 average FPS in one kind of testing hardware feature they have built in on game.):

4. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Okay looking at your specs, your weakest link as to say is your graphics card the 6870 was a basic mid range card, that at first people believed it replaced the beasty 5870 but this wasnt the case, you have to look at your budget and decide what card to go for I have a 6970 and online races with 30 people in on the start grid I get around 80 ish fps and then once race has smoothed out I have around 200 fps dropping on some corners to 150.

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Holy **** My PC has almost 2 years, i bought this graphic card about when rf2 was launched. The last thing i think a have some problem to run new games was this gpu.
    Wich is better: bought this gpu you have 6970 or buy another 6870 and do that thing wich connect both of them? (Performance speaking)
    Thanks for the help.

6. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

I friend of mine has two 6870's with an AMD 955 x4 cpu and hasn't had any fps issues, however, he has stated that after the update, he was getting slowdowns, but still pretty good. With two cards however, you must look at the power consuption of your power supply.

I would suggest tuning up your memory clocks if your budget does not allow another purchase.

7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thanks for your advice. You mean in catalyst control? I see something about tuning some settings but i´m little afraid becasue i´m totally noob. At the time i bought the gpu i choose this one because one relative was coming from USA thinking in my one gpu that suit to my power suply wich is 500W. For sure i have to change this too if i will buy another gpu.
    But something bugs me... when a software company tells what recommended specs to run his software it not implys that is to run the software in his full capacity?

8. taufikp

taufikp Registered

IMO a 500W PSU is barely enough to run SLI or CrossFire configuration. I would buy at least a 700W PSU, a modular one if possible, to run dual graphic cards configuration.

Also you may consider of using nVidia card instead of ATI. Lots of guy in this forum has reported that nVidia cards give them better graphics and better performance than ATI cards. Maybe because most of ISI developers are using nVidia card in their PC? :D

9. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I wouldnt go for a second 6870 if it was my choice, as the card is like I said middle class at very best, probably even a little lower, and its an older generation card. My rule if budget is limited is first decide you budget cap then browse for the best buy, as alot say nvidia are usually better in most cases, but also usually more expensive. If you post you money limit then I would gladly offer my opinion on what card or cards to maybe go for :)

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Well, first of all thanks for the help.
    Money is not realy the problem. Wich bugs me it´s convenience. I don´t know you if you have this expression in english cost/benefit relation. Becaaue i´m not a hardcore gamer neither work with software that demand much gpu power.
    The only game i use to play nowadays is rfactor. Most rf1 and not really much. Rf2 i made some experiences when updates are released because my main goal it´s the 80´s f1 to rf2 (especially 85 for the turbos and the stunning lotus JPS, 88 or 91 and 93 just for the willians one the most beautiful f1 cars ever in my opinion).
    So when i buy this gpu a think i was good to play rf2 at maximum settings at least at 60 fps and seems i probably can do it at final release. But after making an home made cockpit now i think this card will not enough to triple screen at maximum with 60 fps at minimum.
    So, the power suply must be change in any way and i don´t to trhown away this card. Another same 6870 cost $200 but i see one 6870 with 2gb GDDr5 about $400.
    My question now is: 2 6870 do what i want? If not, can i mix with that 6870 2gb and do the job?

ps: sorry for posting these things in this section. Now seems to me it is not apropriate place to do it.