Question: False Patches in rF2

Discussion in 'Modding' started by arraamis, Apr 22, 2013.

1. arraamis

arraamis Registered

Is there a way to implement the use of false patches with packaged series in rF2?

Example:
    You have a package "ISI1044-v11-v12-FormulaRenault35s.rfmod" that is the foundation of the series and when used online, everyone uses the same package. Its used to ensure all online users are using the same components and vehicle specs on servers with no modifications whatsoever. Also, and more importantly, it can be used to protect the original modders work.

A false patch, would put the end-user {offline and online} in a position to make additions, add additional teams, car variants, additional helmets, change race circuits and even vehicle parameters\specs -- All without affecting the foundational package.

The false patch would follow the same package file structure, but will have the ability to override the files of the same type contained within the series package.

Example:
    Foundational Package components will have the encrypted files .dds, .rfm, .cam, .ini, .mas, etc....

The end-user adds their properly named \folders\files in the original packages root folder and these modified files .dds, .rfm, .cam, .ini, etc... will override the foundation package files while it is loaded in memory.

This will allow the end-user the ability {online and offline} to make tire changes, team changes, circuit changes, {you get the idea} all without affecting the original package which remains the foundation of the series.

* I believe the packaged format is a great idea by ISI to ensure stability and consistency in almost every situation online and off, but I'm starting to see just how cumbersome it is to compliment, append {if you will} to these packages. *

Thanks in advance......

2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    Unless I am mistaken the system is done precisely so as not to make any changes in your case to prevent cheating :)
    and fortunately