Question about F3.5 upgrade packages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nibo, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There are 3 different Downforce Packages in upgrades for Formula Renault 3.5. I thought they where just different 3D models. But people report that they actually change downforce levels. But as far as I know in real F3.5 races teams/drivers would not be allowed to select Downforce package. They mandated for everybody by organizers, i.e. in Monaco all cars must run High Downforce wings, in Monza - Low Downforce Wings. Situation in rF2 online when anybody can enter with upgrade they want is not real.

So what was the idea behind this Downforce packages and how they are supposed to be used realistically?

There are also 15 or so Rear Roll Center upgrades. Now thats totally unknown territory for me. Are they also change physics of cars? How much? If so, may be its a little bit to much? How I`m supposed to check lets say 5-7 of them, select upgrade, load track, run 5 laps, return to menu, select another, go on track... and do this 5-7 times?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sorry cant help you, but one thing I wish RFactor had was more information regarding all this technical physics stuff that we drivers need to know about, especially when it comes to specific packages, upgrades, options, parts etc for each car.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Absolutely. Thats ridiculous that I do not know what operating temperatures and pressures tires have, engine, brakes, etc. How hard is to provide PDF or ingame table with technical data for every car from developer? Thats essential, and only add points to seriousness of simulation. In rF1 we were able do "dig" such data from raw ini files, in rF2 its all secret because its packed and even encrypted as I understand.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This will be part of a manual, I would hope. Which is on the radar.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

So how can we lock the upgrades, so that everyone had the same Downforce Package on server?

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

UP.

What are numerous "Rear Roll Center" upgrades in F3.5? How to use them? How much speed difference between them. Its very hard to test all configurations.

How can I lock the upgrades online, so that everyone had the same Downforce Package on server?

Please, Tim or anyone from ISI, help.