Released Q4 2022 Update and Content Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 7, 2022.

1. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Croft is amazing! Well done!

atomed and muzikant like this.
  2. Whitste

Whitste Registered

Hi guys. Bought the Q4 content pack but Bahrain is not showing up in my tracks. Apart from that enjoying the new content.

Stephen.

3. sampopel

sampopel Registered

I was most looking forward to Croft but it's Thruxton that has really grabbed my attention. The laser-scanning really makes this version, adding all those subtle bumps and undulations - it's such good fun to hammer around.

Emery likes this.
  4. JamesB

JamesB Registered

So you found out that the problem is at your end, but I don't know what I am talking about?

5. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Yes, I found myself driving Thruxton a lot last night when I was expecting to drive Croft more. Still enjoying Croft but this version of Thruxton seems so much better than any that I have tried before.

6. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I guess I was really looking forward to the BMW that I lost interest over time )
    But insanely excited about the London ePrix and Bahrain circuit.

7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Good morning everyone, hope you are all enjoying the new update and content?

Should anyone have any remaining issues regarding Bahrain not showing up - basically, for the first couple of minutes post launch the Q4 pack accidentally did not contain the track - so please check your Steam inventory, if the track isn't in that, advice is to refund and re purchase. Apologies for the inconvenience.

pascom and memoNo1 like this.
  8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Unfortunately not mate, was gunna buy everything, was very much looking forward to it, as were two mates of mine! Sadley after a not too brilliant experience here on the forum last night, we shut our wallets:(

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you set yourself up for a fall. I've not even seen the sequential-H-shifting acknowledged. No changelog item for it means (almost certainly) no fix.

10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

For the shifter it's a known bug, just not yet resolved.

memoNo1 and Craig Waddell like this.
  11. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Like Paul I would really like the manual shift issue resolved with the Caterham. I know it's a free car but from an S397 standpoint, the free content should show their work in it's best light and lure customers into parting with their money for other content.

It has been mentioned a few times but as you say I've never seen any of the S397 team acknowledge this............ Edit.... Thanks Paul for acknowledging the issue just now.

On a positive note the latest content release is fantastic including the London E-Prix circuit which isn't really my thing but is still good fun in the Tatus. Thanks for your efforts, greatly appreciated.

Mark Lloyd and memoNo1 like this.
  12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thankyou @Paul Jeffrey! Its not just that I'll PM you mate!

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Probelm solved! (not the shift issue, which is getting looked into, it was something else) Thanks @Paul Jeffrey, what a nice man you are and a great spokesman for the company! So glad S397 got you onboard! Right I'm now off to buy all the new stuff & I think my mates will be doing to, which is gunna make my ady cause I can now set up a server and race with em! Looking forward to it all, particularly Thruxton with the new BMW! Cheers again mate!

Emery likes this.
  14. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

It was'nt just that (infact the good news is its being looked into). Anyway all sorted now, so im off to grab the new content!

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Its great news its getting looked into and also for the Mini which is paid DLC. Im now off to get the new content and very much looking forward to it especially trying the new BMW @ Thruxton! Actually you make a bloody good point, im very interested to take some smaller lower power cars round the London E Track, i've really enjoyed the FE tracks and cars (got most of them), but they are also amzing with some of the small fossil cars, F Vee and Skippy are a lot of fun round new York!

Craig Waddell likes this.
  16. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Hello just to point out that there is no gearbox protection on the bmw330i.
    Could you also make sure that we can remove this "beep" when we downshift too quickly please?

17. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

guys how do you like new ai behaviour? for me it's very bad experience. I can't have normal race, either they knock me, sometimes even on straights or the crash into me like I am not on the track. also they spin too much on corners. this is happening even on 0 aggression.

mesfigas likes this.
  18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Good morning guys!

Is it me or rF2 seems more heavy and the experience more sluggish? It's very, very subtle, but the fluidity doesn't feel the same...

Alnorate and darkojovanoski1986 like this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have same strange blind AI behavior usuallyat practice or even at race where it seems that AI cant understand if other car is near.
    i was even thinking a full rf2new install if it is to solve AI blind behavior

darkojovanoski1986 likes this.
  20. Hebree

Hebree Registered

Hi, I’ve been driving the full races with the btcc on Croft, thruxton and donington against 20 ai with no issues. I do a 1 hour qualy first then 16-18 lap race. My settings are 98% strength, 30% aggression and 5% limiter. I do remember having similar issues 6 months ago where I had to create a new player JSON which cured most of the problems.

Lars likes this.