Released Q4 2022 Bonus Drop Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

The Porsche looks, sounds, feels and drives great. I've noticed I almost run out of memory with 16GB RAM when starting a practice session with 21 Porsches at Monza. It doesn't happen with other cars. Is that normal?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I sea what you did there.....

trichens and GrimDad like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Their* :D

trichens, GrimDad and davehenrie like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The 2022 package is clearly designed for new users or those who have abstained from DLC purchases. Creating the 2023 package might prove difficult as I'm sure not very many of the next years cars/tracks have been started, let alone finalized.

pkelly likes this.
  5. Speaking of Grammar and Punctuation.
    Parentheses ( ) are used to enclose nonessential or supplemental information in a sentence. Parentheses are always used in pairs; you must have both an opening and a closing parenthesis.
    Merry christmas!

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@jimi Alison
    that emote at last warn you about "hey what not parentheses at last ? ".
    merry christmas all

7. atomed

atomed Member

Annoys the jail out of me when people do that.

8. elgagon

elgagon Registered

I know, but other titles do.

9. FS7

FS7 Registered

I see there's a "2022 The Complete Pack" in the store, however it's more expensive than buying the separate packs, which makes no sense, a complete pack should be cheaper than buying individual packs.

2022 The Complete Pack - R$554,05
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1030/

Individual packs:
    2022 Q1 All in Pack - R$92,96
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1016/
    2022 Q2 All in Pack - R$174,07
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1017/
    2022 Q3 All in Pack - R$89,08
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1022/
    2022 Q4 All in Pack - R$154,32
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1028/
    Buying all 4 individual packs costs R$510,43.

I get that S397 doesn't care about regional pricing but charging more for the full pack doesn't make any sense. Is that the same for other currencies as well?

Emery likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The complete pack includes the 992 and Vauxhall. They aren't in the Q4 pack.

*and, buying the 4 quarterly packs plus those 2 cars, costs a little bit more than the complete pack (+2%), in my currency.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    Emery likes this.
  11. FS7

FS7 Registered

If that's the case then S397 needs to include that in the description, including the full list of cars & tracks in the 2022 complete pack would be the smart thing to do.

McFlex likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just add it to the cart and go to checkout. It's the only way to see everything, it's quite a list.

@FS7 and, just to remind:
    • it's been clear the last 2 cars weren't part of the Q4 pack
    • it was already stated that the pack for the whole year would be similarly priced to buying all the packs individually. They aren't going for a bulk saving, probably to avoid annoying the people who bought each quarter.

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I brought the Porsche last night, I really thought I'd like this version of it from experiencing it in ACC, but this version I don't like....... I fecking love it! This is gunna make for some amazing single make racing when it gets on LFM!

The Astra, I just bought this an hour ago... Oh wow I love it! Can't believe it, I've bought both this and the Porsche and im genuinely knocked out by both! This is so much more nibble than the toyota on exactly the same setup (and I mean exact, I checked every single value!), I just get such consistantg laps in this and with the Toyota im constanly wrestling! This is much less bullish and understeery than the toyota (sorry i keep mentioning the toyota, its the only other touring car i've tested it with back to back and I thought it would be the most similar comparison), the turn in is so much more pointed and confident!

Im so happy I like the drive on this as I grew up with Astras, from the Mrk 1 through 3 generations of it in my family, then fords, then Kia's. So its got a special place in my heart! (I actually managed to snap the antiroll bar on my second Mrk 2 through cornering it so hard).

I love this! Can't believe im saying this but, these may just be my two favorite cars released this year! Was a bit put out by the fact they were two seperate purchases, but pretty much as soon as I drove them I was very happy, and the more I drove, the more I liked! Totally worth it!
    Mini & Caterham this year were a big let down due to the manual gearboxes simply not working, im really hoping theres a fix for this next year, because I really wanna enjoy them. But these two cars just released, spot on!!!

I can't wait for LFM to get the Astra & The Porsche on their servers, its gunna be fecking epic!!!

Thanks for the Crimbo pressy S397, I know what im doing over Crimbo and new year now!

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

One thing i've noticed yesterday is that i don't have tire sounds in the (new) Porsche, Astra or IR18 cars, anyone has the same issue??

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

What like, none at all? Nope, only car I get that in is the Radical SR3 XX in the rain, its fine till it starts raining then all tire sounds are gone, i've been complaining about it for two years now! But these cars are fine, all have tire sounds, have you tried doing a file validation through steam? I think last big update I had problems, did a file validation and it solved it. Hope it helps!

R.Noctua and Rui Santos like this.
  16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Will try that, thanks!

17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

It's a good thing there is a complete pack for 2022, but the 99€ price is a bit stiff and surely make you think more than it should before pressing the purchase button...
    I suppose you could see that as a 8.25€/month subscription.
    Which is what rF2 has become if you want all its content, or a cheaper subscription if only want part of the content.

18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Despite that you buy something that is yours and you can use forever, not rented...

Full_Ninja, trichens and Emery like this.
  19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Yes, that's an important distinction.

Rui Santos and trichens like this.
  20. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm just trying to figure out if the Astra will be paired with something else as a BTCC #3 pack...