Prototypes in RF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Savage, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Savage

Savage Registered

Hello guys,

Are there any prototypes like Mazda 787B or Audi R18 available as mods for RF2? I searched Racedepartment and cannot find any.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It depends on the quality you are looking for. SimHQ is developing their in-house prototypes, Porsche 919 and Acura ARX, and though they drive well there will be plenty of tweaking and fine tuning in the future. Look around, they're named something like SCES_919_16 (v1.6) and SCES_ARX_23 (v2.3). I made a skin pack and included a download link (last links in my signature) for the cars.

There is a Rebellion Lola car that drives nicely too but the looks are especially lacking. That one is definitely on Race Department, if you select rF2 and go to cars sub-section. Other than those two, to my knowledge, there are only some substandard conversions from different games, or conversion of the model and sound from a different game and terrible car physics.

Edit: Completely forgot about MAK's Mazda 787B... but you're better off staying away, much like any conversion you may find of a Sauber C9, Aston Martin LMP, Audi R18, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  3. Savage

Savage Registered

Thanks, I am just looking for some fast non-open wheel cars for fast driving around VLM Le Mans and oval tracks.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Speed 8 is coming to rF2.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's no use mentioning content that may be years away from being developed, much less released.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Years? Naaah. Still think it will be on our HDDs (or SSDs) this year.

This and GT500 GTR are my most anticipated releases of all time since 2012. :D

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered