progressing the 'Game' part of RF2 - championships

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapala, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ignore the biased comments here and skip to Race Events in the game. You will find it in the main menu, the top button for series selection, and must uncheck the All Cars and Tracks. Then you can at least have something consistent, although not a replacement for a proper points-scoring system, etc.

2. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Thanks PSR, just what I needed.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm talking a simple Championship item just like in rF1, *I* believe ISI should've done that long ago, long before LA was even thought of.

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

ISI stated this more than 2 years
    Log Analyzer already does all this and more.

A few weeks ago ISI stated this

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
  5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Too late now [emoji33]

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

That´s propably the most incredible statement I´ve heard for a long time, what only can origin of one fanboy!

SURELY it is theire business!!!

It is ISI´s program!
    They are responsible at least for what works and what not!!!

As stated here you can use 3rd party pluggies, but it´s not the same, as it wouldn´t be necessary at all, when ISI would do a complete job (what noone expected, but would be a better gaming-experience, no????)

Just crazy some peeps here....:rolleyes:

Edit: this thread is about "progressing the game",- just saying

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Please watch your tone. And go easy on the exclamation marks. Thanks.

This sim is a modding platform, a frame in which great content and plugins can be created and enjoyed by users. The sim relies on the community to fill the frame with content and plugins. It can never ever be ISI's job to completely fill that frame themselves. It is not their job to create countless full racing series, ingame championships, telemetry plugins, track packs etc etc etc. That's the community's job.

Manage your expectations and don't expect this sim to be like any random racing game out there. Use the tools made by the community and enjoy the sim instead of waiting around for ISI to do something that has already been provided to you by the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

I want ponies in game as much as I want an offline championship in game. Not third party plugin ponies but proper Shetland ponies , made by ISI. Where are my ponies ISI, this is your program!! Where's the progress?

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I may have desecrated a Jaguar before trying to get my (ex) girlfriend interested in sim racing...

View attachment 18610

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Whilst I respect your opinion I do not share it, as with every racing Sim we'd all do things our own way differently to that of the actual Devs, so by that we are bound by what they do and perceive to be their way of doing things. In this instance I firmly believe ISI could've done a bit extra (in many areas) in order to aid the community, an in game Championship being just one of those areas. Do I believe ISI will ever do one? not now no, as they would've done it by now, doesn't mean to say I can't vent my disappointment at that though.
    l just hope they have a revision of plans for RF3 and include what I would call a Basic Feature to be in a Racing Simulation.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Watched...................is good. (enough for you)

What doesn´t include that it couldn´t be a full racing-sim, does it?

Can be. But don´t have to. Depends on point of view.

If necessary. The less necessary, the better! No?

Oh, wow! Than I apologise.............However: I think it should! The extend to, is debatable, but how it is now don´t do the sim a favor. Does it? Seems not, regarding past comments....

That is your opinion. (we have not one full series!!!) Not the one of most people! Especially since (in most regards) more complete sims came out like pcars, Gsc, R3E...eeeehm,

Manage your sight on other opinions!

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No mate. It's not good enough for me, that's what I just told you.

Because we disagree doesn't mean you have to sling mud, do name calling and blast people with a plethora of exclamation points.
    You come across like a child shouting in my face, and that makes me inclined to not take you seriously at all.

Please work a bit on your communication. Thanks.

A full racing sim... hmm. And what might that be?
    Please define "full racing sim" for me, so we're at least on the same page.

ISI's intentions with rF2 has very little to do with point of view.
    Since you obviously haven't done so, please watch and read interviews with Gjon, Tim and co. to hear what they have said about their intentions/goals with rF2.

A racing sim/modding platform should rely as little as possible on an active, creative and talented content creating community?
    Alright, you completely lost me there...

Nice sarcasm.

Well, that's another thing, you think it should. That's an opinion, and you're entitled to it.

But rF2, being a modding platform and ISI being a small team, then no; IMO they shouldn't spend their time doing a bunch of full series, intricate plugins of all sorts, full track packs etc. etc.
    They create incredible single pieces of content with great variety, show the modders how its done (rF2 technology that is) with a variety of different car types, and let the community take it from there to fill out the "gaps".

And this whole doom and gloom agenda that some folks have, about there being no good mods for rF2 even after 3 years, is more hilarious than ever.
    One would have to be blind, deaf and dumb to miss that we have a ton of a fantastic content right under our noses, with lots of new content appearing on a regular basis, and older content gets updated too on a regular basis.

So the "completeness" of a sim is has to do with the amount of 1st party content?

That's your opinion. I would dare say that a full sim goes just a bit deeper than the amount of 1st party content it has.
    This is why, IMO, rF2 still has the edge over the competition, even with its slightly more "humble" list of content.

I have no problem with other people's opinions.
    People can dream about what their perfect sim would be like, I do too sometimes myself.
    What I do have a problem with is attitude-laden, arrogant, hot tempered and grand statements about "what rF2 DEFINITELY SHOULD BE, ACCORDING TO ME, TO AVOID BEING A PLANE WRECK!!!!!!!!!!"

There are a few things I wish ISI had done differently with rF2, but you don't hear me shouting about it.
    I acknowledge that they have their priorities and goals, it's their show, their product, and I'm not one to tell them what to do.
    The opposite is pure arrogance.

You expect something from ISI that will not happen with rF2, based on their past statements, interviews etc.
    So what's the use of screaming and shouting, and implying that rF2 is somehow turning into a disaster?

What good does that do anyone? If you need to let out steam, there are better way to do it IMO. :)

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

But here is the funny thing you know this will never happen with rF2 okay ?

Okay so I start threads years ago what we want in rF3 and get pillared.

Now it is 3 years later, most of the unreasonable stuff to be entered into a already planned sim were ignored.

So why not debate the future !@! lol

OFFLINE:

101% agree develop a championship for next sim ISI

To facilitate this release only say Stock Cars and Dallara with their tracks, not a mixture of everything.

Then another series and so forth.

ONLINE:

Restricted 3rd Party Content that coincides with the official content.
    ( To boost combo numbers as they improve more content can be added., much like iRacing say )

That would also allow for official rfmods only ...why would you need any others. ?

Pick the all car/track mod you could set up any room you want.
    The mods would be updated even before the new components were released and auto updated.

That means no one searches for content or mods ever.

Paid adddon : Official ISI Live Racers and Teamspeak pack

14. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Who do? Just LOL!!! ;).... sitting there waiting that someone post anything against rF2/ISI.....

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

rF1 championship sucked and didn't even work with some mods.

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

....worked perfectly if modded correctly, what near to no modder did ever.....
    Ever did this? I guess no.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The CTDP Championship Tool worked great too

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ever did what?

Regarding modders not doing correctly I agree and that is why other modders are great at building in flexibility to compensate for things like this especially if they are passionate about mod in question and even compensate for ISI errors such as with result files etc.