Procedure to completely remove all traces of previous builds

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Murtaya, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Hi, I have had a slight problem since 240. It works offline and online but dev mode is greyed out. It hasn't worried me as I don't use that but, when I check verification I am told quite a few critical files fail integrity check. This happened on 298 and 300 so I doubt its corrupt downloads. I broke it with build 240, I cant remember what build I was on for definite before, 198 I think, it had been about 6 months since I even pressed the power button on my pc. It wouldn't autoupdate so I downloaded 240 lite (maybe that was corrupt) and just installed over the top, and since then it has been this way.

I uninstall rf2 using control panel, and also delete it from programs(x86) and documents. Then reinstall the 300 lite version, but dev is still greyed out and I still get the failure to verify, but everything else seems to work. I don't want seems, I want definite.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. MJP

MJP Registered

DevMode is now a separate download and install http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/

It's the 1st link, it's pretty much the same file size as the lite build and you install it in exactly the same way.

As for the verfication failures I always get this when installing 'Core' and 'Data' into separate folders, it's been this way since the very 1st build, as long as the game works don't worry about it.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Dec mode has not been a part of the general installer for a while. MJP had the link.

4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Ah right I must have missed that development. Glad my install is fine (I guess)

Whats the point of the verification button please, if its normal for it to report critical files fail to verify but the sim runs ok? Is it more a dev tool?

Thanks

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah it's normal. Jeremy understand and monitors it. Don't know why.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk