Problems with ImportGMT2

Discussion in 'Modding' started by steveluppino, Feb 28, 2014.

1. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Hello,

I am having problems trying to run the ImporterGMT2 script in 3DSMax 2010 and was hoping someone could help. I've read posts on the subject but they didn't help my solve problem. So I thought I'd start a new post.

I have 3DSMax 2010 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit.
    1. I downloaded GMT2 Importer v0.94 by and installed it into the scripts folder of the main 3DSMax 2010 directory in Program Files (x86).
    2. Put the ISI plugins in the plug-in folder.
    3. Unzipped mas file with MAS utility into folder on desktop
    4. Ran 3DSMax 2010 pressed hammer button, max script, GMT2 Importer from the drop down.
    5. Chose texture path, Import single file, picked mas file location when prompted appeared, to rFactor2\Core\Shared folder

and the following error appeared:

Shader "L0DIFFUSET0 Not Found"
    and Shader "L1USEVERTEXONLY Not Found".

As I understand to some extent, these two shaders are related to DX7 and DX8 DirectX is it? Is that program related in 3DS Max or Coreshaders? or Hardware related? I have a NVIDIA GTX 670 graphics card which runs DX9 to DX11. Is there something in the settings I need to change or is the problem in 3DSMax?

2. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

it doesn't import rf2 gmt's, it imports rf1

3. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

... and what plugin / script are we supposed to use to open rF2 GMT files in 3DSmax?

Sent with Tapatalk

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

There is not one yet. Actually, the one that imports rF1 gmts was not developed by ISI if I am not wrong. You need to convert everything to rF1 format first losing all rF2 specific shaders as real road, blended grass infields.... a real pain in the butt.

5. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

there is no plugin to open rF2 gmt's in max, convert the gmt's to rF1 format and change materials to t1 in 3dsimed, then import to max.

Yes it is more complicated and time consuming but it's the only way you can be sure it will import ok, and it also looks like it has frozen at times when it's importing a track/car, but don't touch it and let it finish and you will be fine.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You might lose some uv mapping from other channels but channel 0 by doing this. When they use the same uv coordinates it is no problem but when using specific ones you might consider using another valid shader from rf1 that might keep those untouched and can be later reassigned the original rf2 shader. Terrain, roads and other are among these elements that will lose information when transformed to T1.

7. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Yes you are spot on, should have mentioned that

8. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

That sound like redoing a lot of work if you know longer have the 3DSmax files - better backup them frequently.

Hopefully somebody will do an import script like for rFactor1 GMTs soon. I would make a donation for sure.

Sent with Tapatalk