Problems all purchased Circuits and Cars

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dragos Ionut Jecu, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Dragos Ionut Jecu

Dragos Ionut Jecu Registered

Hello,

I've been playing rfactor 2 for three years without problems, but right now I have a big problem, it is impossible to play with my purchased cars and tracks. I uninstalled the game ten times, I unsuscribed all purchased circuits and cars, I removed rfactor2 folder too, I probed everyting, but with the same result:
    "requires unknown base mod to be installed"

I have bought eleven circuits and seventeen cars, but right now i couldn't uses.
    Now I don't know if the new rfactor2 interface has something to do with the problem.

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you have a skin pak / mod that was created using an older version of the car. The car has been updated and now the mod / skinpack can't find the old version. Thus the error message. Delete the mod, or find an update for it. Happens with both old and new UI, Once you remove the custom skins from the mod, you should be able to load things correctly.

3. Dragos Ionut Jecu

Thanks for your answer!!!
    what do you mean ?? Delete the mod??

Example:
    Nurburgring Circuit
    In this case delete this folder D:\Install-Games\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Nurburgring_2018\

I removed three times rfactor2 folder.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The error is due to some group of car skins that you probably downloaded or were downloaded to you when you joined an online race. The trick is to find the specific mod. Go to your PACKAGES screen and look for mods, ones that would use the Ferrari, like a WEC skinpack or Le Mans mod. It is not the track, but the car.

5. Dragos Ionut Jecu

Is a new instalation, i don`t play in any server.
    The game only have the defalut items by workshop, there are 59 and everyting is working, but when I try to suscribe/Install my purchase items I find this error, and this error is for each purchase item.

6. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Dave is most likely correct about it being a skin pack. I had this exact same error with the Studio 397 Aston Martin GT3. I came on to forums and most people suggested it’s likely a skin pack. I deleted all my skin pack packages and still it didn’t work. Then I remembered I had skin packs in the steam workshop. I unsubscribed to the VLN GT3 skin pack within the workshop and hey presto I had my GT3 cars back.
    I had this problem again with the Oreca’s and made the decision to delete every skin pack I have and I’ve never had this problem since deleting all skin packs.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Remember.... just because you re-install the game, your Steam workshop subs will still be active in a new game unless you unsub.

8. Dragos Ionut Jecu

I couldn’t find the issue, perhaps is any corupt file.. I don’t know!!

I solved the issues with restore entire backup of os windows and restore steam drive because steam is instaled in other ssd drive.
    the restore point is 40 days ago.

Thanks everyone!!