problem with mod manager: mods using updated components

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SPASKIS, Mar 20, 2014.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I thoroughly posted about this after build 494. I don't know where the old thread is to link. I am not writing down everything again. I provided pictures and a video.
    3 unstable releases later and stable one. The bug is still present and not reported in the list of the unique link.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I bring this subject up again since it was not corrected in the last released stable build although the version of mod manager and mas2.exe changed with it.

Things are getting worse and it is necessary for us as a league, to know what kind of component packing system to use.

We were very happy when the old system worked correctly. It had some minor bugs or misfunctionalities that made it a bit uncomfortable to use. Like the one to uninstall component updates when the component belonged to a multicomponent. The impossibility to make a second update over a first one would also be appreciated. But that was it. The rest worked fine.

Now it is a pure mess. Updates are not working ok and mod manager is changing the component structure whenever it installs a mod referencing or including one of them. People in our league are having lots of trouble to install the required components. The need to be switching between two versions of mod manager and mas2.exe when packing is unacceptable.

I am thinking that it is useless to report anything in this conditions when such an important thing IMO does not seem to be of any interest to the developers. Not a single response to the raised bug. I actually think that it is not being even considered as a bug. I guess that since developers are not using rfactor2 for what it really is for they don't even seem to realize what this bug involves.

enviado mediante tapatalk

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

New Build. New Mod Manager. Same bug. Congratulations ISI.

Working with updated vehicles keeps getting them corrupt when installing a mod referencing them.
    The problem with locations has been solved but the problem with cars persists.

The funny thing I is that I discovered an alternative way to correctly install mods without spoiling updated vehicles apart from installing them with B382's mod manager as reported in the first post:
    When you install the vmod from mas2.exe after creating it, it also installs the vmod correctly without spoiling the updated vehicle components.
    I guess this proves even more that there is something WRONG with mod mangaer when vmods are installed.

This bug and ISI's passivity and lack of response about it is starting to get annoying.
    I hope a new modmagr.exe patch is released vefore next build. I assume it shouldn't be that hard to fix this issue after being traced and reported.

Offtopìc:

BTW In the process of testing, mas2.exe has spoiled or something and it will crash with any installation of rF2 when I cick on "Create New Mod" or "Edit existing Mod". The crash occurs immediately before presenting the emerging window. I have restarted the computer but the problem persists. I have reinstalled B660 and the problem persists. EXtremely strange this issue. Any clues on how to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I can confirm that the mod manager still does not like updated components we have to use build 382 mod manager for updated TCR cars to be online otherwise it splits it up as 2 seperate packages in the mod manager and is unusable online it only looks at the updated components and not the rest The update system for mods atm is useless

@offtopic me too matre hasn't worked for a couple months

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It has been reported/passed on. I will pass it on again.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

That's correct. It has only been corrected for locations. I have only tested locations and vehicles which are the only components I use to update. I have not tested other type of components.

Any clue about why mas2.exe crashes after clicking "create new mod"? It seems to perform the checking of which components are installed and afterwards it crashes with the message mas2.exe stopped working.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

View attachment 12338

When mod manager installs the component correctly, the information that is kept in the mft file in the updated component folder appears as in the left.

8. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Not sure if youve fixed this issue spaskis but i know have .. i was directed to a post that Noel had made

This looks like it is the fix for the crashes from the MAS2.exe while making a rfmod ..

Users\name\appdata\roaming\ pkginfo.dat is corrupt, delete that file and the MAS tool will work again.

Thanks to Noel Hibbard for the fix.
    isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19382-Bui...iewfull=1#post266873

this cured my issue and mas2.exe now lets me make vmods . no crashing!

9. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

the flags are completely different .. ???

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The mas2.exe crashing was solved thanks to Noel's tip. The picture is to try to help ISI finding where the mod manager spoils the component