Problem with long freezes in game in oculus

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by capelski, Jul 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. capelski

capelski Registered

I have played with the oculus since the release of DX11/VR beta. I did race many races without problem. After my vacation (end of june, start July) I have a problem. The game completely freezes for 5 to 10 seconds sometimes once or twice per lap sometimes only every second lap (tried multiple cars on multiple circuits. When switching back to monitor I have no such issues. I tried Assetto Corso with Open VR and there I have no issues. I reinstalled rfactor2, open VR and the oculus software and nvidia drivers all multiple times, tried high and low graphic settings, moved the game from normal hard disk to SSD and I still directly get this issue.
    I do have 2 tracking cameras (oculus touch and rift).
    Core I5 6600 and geforce 1070 GTX and 16GB memory.
    As said everythinbg worked ok until my vacation started at the end of June.
    Anyone any idea what the issue might be?

2. Apfel

Apfel Registered

*bump*

I have the same problem and pretty much the same specs (instead of a 1070 a gtx 1060).
    It happens on many differen't games that are a little challenging for my pc. But whilst running completely fine with 90 fps all the time, i get those annoying freezes sometimes. When they apear often a couple per minute, but then it's fine again for a few minutes. The freezes are around 5-10 seconds and always roughly the same.

3. capelski

capelski Registered

I think I tried about anything I could imagine and nothing worked. In the end I reinstalled Windows (not keeping old files) and after everything was installed the problem was gone. I suspect there was some file not related to the game that caused this problem. Since the new installation of windows I have been running 2 months so far without problem.

Apfel likes this.
  4. Apfel

Apfel Registered

Wiped my C drive with windows 7 and installed windows 10 yesterday. I haven't had those freezes yet, but my framerate does very often go below 90. I can't figure out why, but thats probably an easier problem than the freezes.
    Thanks a lot!