Problem with ISI/Studio 397 content in Steam

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by McNolo, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Hello:

I have a problem with ISI/Studio 397 content in Steam, I subscribe to F2, Formula Renault or Interlagos track, for example, but none installs, the content don't download.

I have no problems with different content of ISI/Studio 397.

Thanks.

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Did you try verify cache in steam client?

McNolo likes this.
  3. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Yes, I cleaned it but it still does not work.

I get the impression that it is not downloaded because there is nothing to download. It's like the content was not there.

Some time ago I deleted the content of "cache" folder that is in the installation folder of rFactor 2. There it saved all the cars and tracks thats were downloaded with the game the first time it was installed (I think), but it occupied too much space and I deleted it. I suspect the problem is for that reason. It's like the content is not really in Steam. I suppose it try to install it from that folder and it does not find it, then it can't install. If this is the reason, I think it's an error, the content should always be in steam.

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You should not delete the cache folder, that is indeed why the base content will not download.

McNolo likes this.
  5. McNolo

McNolo Registered

I suspected that was the problem. I do not understand why I should have occupied space on my hard drive with things I will not use. I would like to be able to download what I need when I need it and delete it when I do not need it anymore. I think this is how it should work, the current system is a bit absurd in my opinion, for all those who download the game for the first time, who have a much longer waiting time and for those who want to download a specific content at a specific time.

Juergen-BY, Guimengo and SPASKIS like this.
  6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Why? It's your money and time that is wasted, not theirs. Why would they care?
    Cheers.

Juergen-BY and McNolo like this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The whole "cache" folder argument has raged on since it was first introduced with the transfer to steam, plenty of other threads regarding this issue. Anyway Studio397 did say that they were looking into better alternatives but that was awhile ago, hopefully something comes soon as I too dislike the cache system currently.

SPASKIS likes this.
  8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Yeah that is another discussion, that we've had already on here many times as you say, not going to have it again :)
    We've already said we will look into the cache/workshop at some point.

alexSchmurtz and MarcG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.