private servers and the Competition System?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tom Lory, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

I am getting the feeling that S397 is trying to copy iRacing and, unfortunately, based on what I've seen, is going to produce an inferior product and/or experience but that's not the point of my post so I'm not going expand it.

I'm only about a year into rF2 and I'm happy if I can keep our club running and make time for my own racing effort so I apologize about my lack of knowledge on this topic and whether this was talked about months or years ago.

The way that I see it a seemingly easy way to SURPASS iRacing, at least in the variety of cars, tracks, frequency of races and number of championships is to include a means for private leagues to add to the Competition System schedule our races and championships.

For instance, we (Efnet Sim Racing) reliably have our championship racing on Sundays at 6:30 PM PST and it wouldn't take much admin effort on my part to add other races and times so long as I could add the "extra" events at any sensible time. Those races would add to the rF2 community's options without costing S397 anything in server expense.

I have no idea what S397's business model is for the future of rF2 but hopefully it will leverage the huge amount of free content and the private rF2 clubs/leagues for everyone's benefit.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  2. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Yes, featuring user leagues sounds amazing but unfortunately it´s very unlikely since the competition system can only use official content due to licensing.
    They have stated, however, that they´ll make some of the features of the cs available for league use. Not sure what those would be but the championship scoring and driver ratings seem the most likely to me