Print screen not working in game

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RoboCAT10, Jul 22, 2015.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I recently re-installed rfactor2 (clean). What I have found is that I can no longer print screen from in the game, as when I use the 'print screen' button on my laptop it doesn't capture the image. Is there some setting anyone knows about that let's me capture from in game? I've never had an issue like this before. Any help is appreciated. :)

2. cosimo

cosimo Registered

F12 is the default assigned key to take screenshots. Maybe you had remapped it?

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I checked in the controls to see if print screen was mapped in, but it wasn't. I understand F12 is the default assigned key for rfactor2, but I mean the actual print screen button on the keyboard. The print screen works fine for everything else, but not for rfactor2 which is weird. By curiosity could someone else please check if print screen works in game on rfactor2, otherwise it might just be me? FYI the print screen button worked on the previous build...

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Use F12! Unless you changed it. ;)
    Don't use the windows screenshot key.

Your screenshots will be in your "UserData/Screenshots" folder.

5. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

F12 works fine since the first screen was taken 100 builds before. I also don't use windows screen. Cheers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Or use Fraps if you have it. If you even get PrintScreen to work, you have to exit the game, paste the image into a photo editor, save it and enter the game again before you can take another.

F12 and Fraps do not need this workaround to actually save files. It makes your life so much easier.

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Yeah I know, but my point I was making was that print screen worked before but now it's not... And such... Doesn't matter. I used print screen for quick screen capturing if images I need to share, instead of searching through my files. However if print screen doesn't work I will just use F12.

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Try it with running the game in "windowed" mode. That should allow to use "print screen".

9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

So in game I attempted to use F12 to take a screenshot, but I have no idea where they are located. I checked the screenshots folder and even the tracks folder, but there was nothing in them. I also made sure F12 wasn't already an assigned key. So now I am well and truly stuck!

EDIT: I have found it. For some reason I need to search 'screenshots' in the windows tab to access the folder with the screenshots in them.... but there is a screenshots folder in my rfactor2 directory that doesn't save screenshots.... confused!! At least it somewhat works which I guess is the main thing. :)