Preliminary GT3 BOP review from a casual enthusiast.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kahel, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Did a few lap around silverstone with 10 of the GT3 cars (488 missing).
    It's very early stage of practice and only give an idea of perf.
    Did around 5 lap per car to get a feel of the balance and then 3 other laps where I tried to push a little with the limited practice.

As a reference my previous personal best was around 1'59'6xx before the bop with quali custom setup (2 hours practice.)
    The result below are with default setup, 60L, and almost no practice.

2'00'9xx... 650s ; 720s ; radical
    2'01'1xx... M6 ; C7
    2'01'3xx... R8 2019 ; Aston

2'02'0xx... Bentley2020 ; AMG ; 911 (Didn't get along with those car during the limited 3laps)

Overall it's not bad at all for a first glance and better than before... 400ms between the car where I didn't make relatively big mistakes... and the defaut setup are kind of decent overall also...
    The results are obviously not conclusive at all... it really just a personnal first glance...
    The true test will be with the top 20 drivers during the gt pro serie coming up the 12oct.

Looking foward some other results if you guys feel like it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Atsuki, Xzanman and Remco Majoor like this.
  2. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Same as before but with a bit more practice... and at Sebring.
    Three cars stood out:

C7: 2'00''3xx
    650s: 2'00''3xx
    720s: 2'00''3xx

Still nowhere near a valid bop test... the corners entry speed were still vague to me... and 20 minutes is not enough to find the limits.
    But we have the result of the guys at the gt pro challenge... run around 1'59''0xx with race setup in the mid field... and it's pretty much the C7 serie...

So at least the frist step would be to add 15kilo to the vette... to imrpove the bop.