Pre Race Timer Count Down

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Butch Nackley, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Tonight online we had a race restart and my timer wasn't counting down. It was stuck on 35sec and then after a few seconds it did go to 33sec, but I didn't see it move again. Game was running fine. I hit the Race button after a bit and the message window in car showed 5 sec left (which was correct).
    One thing I did notice was that someone joined right about the time the session advanced after the voting to restart the race.
    At no other time during my play tonight did I experience the stop of the counter, but this was the only race restart we had and also the only time someone join right at the session change period.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've noticed some lagging when a session first starts (offline or online). Did the software lag when the timer did? Did you see any other sign of it lagging after that one time?

3. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

No, I didn't notice any lagging, but it was in the menu. Mouse cursor was moving just fine and I could hear playing already on the grid reving their engines. When I hit Race button to get on the grid, everything seemed fine and that is when I saw the message window showing the correct count down of 5 seconds left before race start.

We had quite a fewe short races tonight and at no other time did the counter stop or do anything abnormal. I believe it hade have had something to do with the person joining, but not sure. Like the game was updating the information of the new player or something and the counter froze while it was doing it,,, maybe?

Anyway, there was no problem with the actual play, all seemed perfectly normal, no low frame rates that I could tell, nothing strange with other cars. Had I not of been watching the counter, I never would have known anything was wrong.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think it's the software trying to find a skin which doesn't exist yet for each player.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk