Pre moding F1 (11-13)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Rock, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Rock

Rock Registered

Hello,
    I think I can design an F1 mod based on the years 2011 to 2013 in a first time.
    My difficulties are multiple:
    - The mod requires an adaptation of the circuits because they quickly become unrealistic because the grip of my car is too great but I do not intend to change it. This should require authorization from the circuit designers.
    I do not have 3D material and I use the mod RF2 F1 2012 as a base without authorization.
    I don't have an easy time repainting cars and she deserves it.
    My mod ends up with a lack of personality when I think it should deserve it.
    In the future your advice and support will be welcome.
    Good Chrismas at all

2. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Cars should be adapted to the tracks, not the other way around, especially if said tracks are accurate due to some type of laser scan. I really doubt anyone will change the geometry of a track to suit a car that has unrealistic levels of grip.

3. Rock

Rock Registered

Thank you for your opinion and advice.
    Your remark is justified.
    But it is not the same for all circuits because some give too much grip and others less. Unless i make a mod for each circuit and I may thinking about this thing but it could be very long.

4. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Track grip levels should change a lot depending on the year, because real tracks also have been resurfaced and their asphalt properties changed.
    And setting all tracks to the same value of '1.0' grip is not realistic at all either. Not all tracks have the same grip at all.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

The same happens with circuits in the street, or desert, temporary or permanent.

6. Rock

Rock Registered

Raintyre
    Yes I am aware of that and I want it to be present in this mod.
    I may have spoken too early about the project but at some point i have to expose yourself and take the advice of friends and of yiou (virtual pilots).