pre-heated tires?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cracheur, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

now that we have pre-rubbered roads would't it be an idea to get pre-heated tires? ie on Formula cars they are pre-heating the tires. So it seems not be cheating but rather getting closer to real racing. What do you think?

1 person likes this.
  2. Andii

Andii Registered

I agree! :)

3. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

it is already the case, it's mod dependant but you can set it up.

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Really?! I was just thinking this after going out in the Megane for the billionth time after being punted off by the terrible AI at Toban. It takes ages to warm up the tyres fully. Do 6 odd laps and start pushing it, and then get balked off track by AI that is running 12 seconds slower.........
    And there was noone else in the server to help me boot the AI...ragrhgar.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The 2012 Eurocup Megane Trophy Sporting Regulations say "The use of tyre warmers or any other method designed to artificially modify or maintain tyre temperature is strictly forbidden."

So I'd say 'cold' tyres are already realistic for this race series, because I think this has been the case since... well.. at least 2009, which the rF2 cars are.

As Reprobator said, there is already a facility to provide preheated tyres if the series demands it, as there has been in rFactor (1) since its inception. I believe it's one of the very few parts of the TBC file that still pertains to human-driven cars.

You should talk to the server admin about adjusting the AI strength, plus reducing the minimum number of people required to call a vote (can reduce it to 1, so a single player can vote to restart the weekend or kick AI...).

1 person likes this.
  6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Depends on the series I suppose. The FISI uses pre heated tires here just like F1. What other series uses tire warmers that we have?

7. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

hmmm, pre- rubbered roads does not seem realistic neither. i personally dont have much fun doing several laps before i can push the car. i was more thinking of a general option allowing to set tire temp to 'optimal'. could be an option that could be allowed or not in server settings. wouldn't hurt anybody or?

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

pre rubbered roads seems perfectly realistic. I remember hearing the MotoGP riders talking about how a track they were racing on had been used by F1 testers a week earlier. No rain had fallen to wash away the rubber, so the rubber from the cars was thete when the bikes came along.
    I wonder if rain washes away rubber in rf2...

and if the meganes dont have tyre warmers in real life, then thats how ill drive them :)