Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks guys, great skins! Merry Christmas! :)

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1

3. tjc

tjc Registered

+2

Merry Christmas. :)

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Some great looking skins.

5. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Thanks Tosch and E. Very nice

Frohe Weihnachten für Sie und Ihre und ein glückliches neues Jahr!

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

7. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you guys for these nice skins !
    Merry Christmas :)

8. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

I found one Howston in a scrap yard

There are pilot the template so that it can be customized Howston with my face?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

sorry, i dont apriciate skins like this and if many will be using this, i will simply disable my "download custom skins" option even tho i would be very sad if i had to

10. TMoney

TMoney Registered

MikeeCZ are you joking??? I think it looks pretty cool actually and gives the 'ol Houston some character! Would be great to see that pig running pole position huh!

Please, and I am asking nicely, do not disable your "download custom skins" option. That is not fair to any of us and we simply do not deserve that behavior. Please reconsider your actions. \sarcasm

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol.....

@JMCardenas
    Nice skin :D
    Maybe a little too shiny though. A little darker alpha could do the trick.

12. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

It was just a test of fun. In no time I tried to recreate a real situation. Just fun. Just try something that is more realistic with the materials of the car, but would have to find that information.

Thanks for suggesting it to darken the alpha. I think something has improved, but still shines something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Oh right, sorry, sometimes i just really get confused about why do people play racing simulator that claims to be to most realistic of them all, they just want to have cars that look like wouldnt even start, not even mentioning race

14. soramame

soramame Registered

work in progress...

civic10.jpg

civic11.jpg

can not delete the "HiQ" logo of the headlight part?

15. STATIC

STATIC Registered

been working on this
    http://s17.postimg.org/sh1en01e7/r_Factor2_2014_01_03_01_22_18_921.jpg

I've been trying my hardest to learn how to work with the alpha channel for the windows.
    As far as I can see The only way to save the window files so that the color and transparency will show up right is with DXT5 interpolated alpha. In the picture it is saved in DTX5 xy which wont show the color and makes the masked areas show up transparent.
    I would love to be able to just make the alpha channel from scratch but I don't understand how to get the transparency of the tint layer to work. I've experimented endlessly to no avail.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

16. STATIC

STATIC Registered

Looks good soramame ;)

Looks like your are having the same problem I am with the windshield alpha. There is a picture of the inside of the cockpit in the alpha that I don't think is suppose to be there. It shows up transparent.

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

if i understand your question, the alpha channel is only to determine the transparency, does no other job, in the main textures case, it determines specularity (they use spec map in diffuse map alpha)
    Alpha channel always only works in black and white color scale, with shades of grey, no other colors to be in it.. the completelly 100% white means aboslutelly transparent, in case of specullarity 100% specular, and, obivously black means not transparent at all, in case of specularity completelly matt.

EDIT: very nice skins, well done

18. STATIC

STATIC Registered

This is what happens with the base file.
    http://s17.postimg.org/571hfxa1b/r_Factor2_2014_01_03_14_51_03_810.jpg
    you can see that the image of the cockpit is showing up on the glass. I want that gone. I don't know how to erase this problem without making a new alpha channel.

I can see in the alpha that the colored parts, the number and the logo up top are masked in the alpha channel. which is white making it visible. like so [​IMG]

what is responsible for the effect of the glass being both transparent and having specurllarity?

All I want to do is make the masked areas numbers, letters, logos show up correctly in color and also have the glass show up the way it's suppose to.

Also the 2 files the one for the windscreen and the one for the windows on rear and sides look very different to me [img=http://s27.postimg.org/opyw7q15r/Desktop_2014_01_03_15_09_12_893.jpg]

thanks for helping:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

the templates include both IN and OUT glass textures, on IN, you may want to keep it there is it is to simulate the windscreens reflection for the interior from drivers point of view, of OUT, you can simply grab a black brush and paint it over in the alpha channel

The blue shade of the reflection is caused by the blue color on RGBs background

To what is responsible for glass beign both transparent and spec: If you use alpha channel of diffuse for transparency, than you need a separate specular map in a separate file for its specularity, or if applicable, you could make your own shader and use the alpha channel for both transparency and specularity, but that probably is applicable in very rare occasions, in the windscreen case, the alpha channel is for transparency (more black more transparent) and the specularity is probably simply set in materials settings, you cannot change that.

so any numbers you add into RGB and any logos too, simply add them into the alpha channel completelly white, and remove the ones that are in the template

both the side windows and windscreen work completelly the same, only the alpha for side windows is more grey, lighter, dont know why did they do it like that, the material is probably set to more transparency in material settings again

20. STATIC

STATIC Registered

Hahaaaaa

I didn't know that you could paint onto the alpha
    thanks a million

:)