Possiblity of a Random weather plugin.??

Discussion in 'Other' started by msportdan, Apr 29, 2014.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Is there an chance of someone creating this. Im surprised ISI did not put this in the build already. I know theres the weather mod, but i would like something much simplier.

cheers

2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

The problem with random weather, is how to etablish the rule of weather change, to still be realistic.

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Maybe just a way of changing once wet/dry ot vice versa but at different points in the race

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_260 using Tapatalk

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I would use real weather logs to avoid the problem you mention. Adding a random time offset for each one would comply with both requirements.

I would provide the possibility to use different real base logs in order to determine general weather characteristics. Examples:

Sydney Spring
    Barcelona Summer

I guess it should be quite simple to do. I guess the limit resides in how much disc space you want to use for real logs.

Edit. I Guess that you could use your original tool to do it based in historic data. By adding or subtracting a random amount of time when checking the appropriate option.

It has the advantages of using existing location structure and of easy defining the period of time it will be used as a speed multiplier.
    enviado mediante tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

'Random' controlled by parameters would be easier to setup when the live weather plugin system works better. I can't see much point doing it at the moment to be honest, when rain = cloud. But for most people I think Gerald's system will do a great job.