Possible to turn off real mirrors when using virtual mirror(s).

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by BYF, Jul 19, 2012.

1. BYF

BYF Registered

I cannot find a way to do this so I'd very much like an option for it, plus an in game menu option to switch between real\virtual mirrors rather than having to edit the PLR with notepad, which isn't very user friendly.

2. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Bumping this one because I'd really like the option to turn off the real mirrors when using virtual mirrors. Right now I'm having 5 or 6 mirrors in some cars which makes it pretty distracting and makes it hard to judge where someone actually is behind you. There are quite a few options (real mirrors only, real mirrors and centre virtual mirror, all mirrors, probably some more), and I'm no programmer, but it shouldn't be too much work to add this extra option, right?

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

4. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hi
    I guess it is my turn to start a controversy.

But never got the idea of vir-mirrors we want a simulation as real as possible yet we use and ask for vir-mirrors.
    I would rather isi spend time on car mirrors and placement where they can be used or adjusted.
    And the the view fixed then for them to turn them on and off.

Slam away but quit trying to make my favorite sim a arcade game.

Ruben

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Most of the cars I drive I can't see the mirrors with the FOV I use. I agree with what you're saying though but with limitations of FOV it's tough to do. I'd be happy with a tiny square on each side of my screen as a virtual mirror but that's probably wishful thinking. :) Maybe in a couple/three years a oculus rift will remove the necessity for a virtual mirror.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

He asking for an option. Virtual mirrors already exist.

enviado mediante tapatalk

7. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello yes I realized that and what he is asking for. My point is that v-m are a waste if time so don't waste time on a option.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If everybody thought like you, v-m wouldn't be there. However, there they are and people use them.

Do you take realism to the highest point, which includes injuries, repairs... I guess not. Each person sets the limits up to where he wants realism to get. For some, including myself, simulation can get rid of some disadvantages of reality and that's good.

Last but not least. There might get some time where v-m are a reality. Having the speedometer, rpm counter... in the windshield is a reality today to prevent from losing attention to the road. Why not also v-m in a near future...

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Had a good laugh, thx man :)

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

VMs may not technically be realistic, but neither is looking through a toilet paper roll. If you race online, it should be mandatory that you use VMs. Otherwise you have no clue where people are around you. If we want to put in requests for new options, I vote for a server option that forces VMs to be enabled.

+1 for an option to disable the real mirrors when VMs are enabled. Or just add another state to the 3 key.

11. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hi
    Well as for realizim if race cars had them in real life then your argument would be a valid one but since they don't then your argument is null.

The option of turning them on and off makes no sense to me if you are using them then turn them on and be done. I don't see any need to waste time on turning them on and off option and wasting time.

And if you are watching your mirrors then you are losing time and making mistakes.

I only race online I have no use for off line.

The only time I used v-m that I remember was way back when Mak co released f1 2002 where the car mirrors where placed to far back and you could not use them at all with out using the camera.

I really don't care if people use them personal preference but don't waste time for another option that really is not needed MHO
    use time to fix the mirrors on the car.

Ruben

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I am genuinely interested in why you would think that your view on the matter seem to be the only correct one and if people would disagree they are wrong by default.
    As if your perspective on the matter is the only one that actually matters. Do you actually think that?
    And does it never ever cross your mind that different people have different angles/views/opinions and that they might be equally valid?

One simple example: our views are pretty compromised vs real life. we just don't see things the way real drivers see them. Moreover, take the 1monitor vs 3 monitors. or a big one vs a tiny one.
    There's a recent thread in main I think about cockpits and realism and the end result with 'experts' sharing (forcing) their views was that there is no one-way of acquiring realism, way too many things come into play. go look it up, its quite interesting.

And as for wasting dev's time, meh. they don't share most of the changes with us anyways so half the time we either don't know about something, we stumble upon them by accident or discover something was taken out. so its not really a waste of time, its just another thing that might or might not be there even if it is actually there or not.

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If you watch your mirrors you are losing time?!? Man, I don't want you in my league with that attitude that is for damn sure. HAHAHA!! Do you ignore blue flags too? Oh wait, if you're watching the corner workers you are losing time right?

You say right in your own post that you used them once because there was a mod that had the mirrors in a position that wasn't usable. Did you ever think that there may be other mods like this? Also, you say people should just fix their cars. Did you ever think that the reason they aren't usable on some cars is because they are located in the position they would be on the real car? How would you suggest those cars be fixed? Move the mirror to the bonnet? Like I said, looking at the road through a monitor (unrealistic) is about like looking through a toilet paper roll in real life. Hence the need for VMs.

I also think you miss the point of the original request. Right now you hit the 3 key to cycle through the mirrors. It goes something like this:
    All Off>Real On>Both On

It just needs one more state:
    All Off>Real On>VM On>Both On

This isn't the sort of change that would set the game back several years and it would have no impact on your "opinion". Not sure why people always have to respond to threads like this with crap like, "your argument is null". You aren't even capable of comprehending the thread.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  14. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

+1 - And Noel, haha!

15. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hi
    Lmao
    Never said not to use them hey IMHO (for me) it is not realistic nor do I like it.
    But that is just me.
    My point is that except for easy of using them and it (at this stage in the sim) is a waste of time to put in this option.
    Unless you are going into the plr file every time you race to turn them on or off where that does not make sense to me.
    If you use them you turn them on adjust them and go. Right ? what real reason would there be to waste time with a in game option ?
    And (if memory serves ) in race I one of the keys on the keyboard turns on and off the mirrors ?
    And I think it is tied to the v-m also.

And as to you not wanting me in your league we'll sense we have never that I know of raced
    Together can you really make that call. It is Absurd to make that judgement because I don't use v-m

I have and still race in a league (when I have the time to make the race)
    But (and I have made mistakes) I have never been caused of blocking taking a guy out of the race.
    If the guy gets beside me and has the corner then it is his.

But since we don't race together I won't defend myself any further on my race experience.

So don't waste your time about my racing style to prove your self right.
    Specifically since we have never raced together and you would not want to race with me.

Ruben

16. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

++1

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You have serious reading comprehension skills. You still have no clue what the original post is asking for. Even after I very clearly explained it.

BTW, I am not making judgment on your "driving" but on your "attitude", based on this comment, "if you're watching the mirrors you're making mistakes and losing time". That's all I need to know. I am sure you will respond with, "I don't need the mirrors because I am always in the lead". If that is the case, you need to find another league. ;) Also, don't forget that not every league does single class sprint racing. Many are doing endurance racing where mirrors are incredibly important. Only being able to see the left hand mirror because the right hand mirror is outside of the toilet paper roll isn't going to cut it when your being passed by 6 P1 cars on every lap.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think there is no point trying to convince someone that thinks he is the only one right and that the rest is wrong. Let's move on.
    I agree that the wish is quite senseful and easy to implement. However it has been said that it can be done within PLR. Can this be confirmed?

19. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Wow to get insulted for my opinion is just absurd. Never did I say I was right and all of you are wrong. And you guys say I can not comprehend what you are saying.
    I still feel that if they (lsl) used there time on fixing the real mirrors ice on the car the use of the v-m would not be used rendering this option of being to turn them on and off void. Or would people still use them. I think not
    But of course is it up to you want I guess.
    But I forgot around here if your opinion is not what others like you get insulted.
    Ruben

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

The first thing you said in this thread was ''I guess it is my turn to start a controversy.''

and then you are surprised of the reactions.

its like saying ''i'll probably get banned for this but...'' and then saying something that's get you banned. and then getting upset about it.

I bet your profession is stand-up comedy :p