Possible bug in temperature tyres of World Series by Renault mod

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Rayo_McQueen, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Simulate: Single Player
    Mod:World Series by Renault
    Circuit: Malasya
    Season: Practice

Possible bug: I don't know if it is by the mod or the game, but the variations in the temperature of the tires is exaggerated and unrealistic, in my opinion. I make a spin in a curve, and one of the tires shows more than 100º, but after the next straight, it shows 50º or low. The tyres down the temperatures in the straights, but not 50º, it's too much (in my opinion). It's very difficult to maintain the temperature of the tires, they make big changes constantly. Always low too much the temperature and the tires are constantly cold. In rFactor was different.

2. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I too also feel the temperatures vary a little too much in too short a time.

3. cammel

cammel Registered

Just out of curiosity are you using normal or x5 timescale?

Mine was at x5 when I launched the game for the first time.

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m using normal timescale. Temperatures jump to quickly from 40 to 100+ and back. Its impossible to maintain temps in 70-90 range. I don`t know whether its because something turned off in tire model or its a bug. If its planned to be this way, than I think its wrong.

And its not just megane, it is the same with all cars.

5. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

This is easily the biggest issue I'm having at the moment. I understand the need to build up tyre temps and that is realistic, but I just don't seem able to keep any heat in the tyres, as soon as you hit a straight they start plummeting back down to just 30-odd degrees C. I hope it's not just my driving that's the problem, lol!

6. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Definitely not your driving.

To have temperatures only 5C more than 'cold tyres' after a 5 lap run is not realistic by any stretch of the imagination. Just the friction of rolling at 250km/hr is worth more than 5C... let alone when you have 500bhp and a high downforce car.

7. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Thanks mate, good to know it isn't just me. :)
    I posted in another thread how I was using rain tyres on a dry line and they still didn't retain any heat, so I guess there is an issue here. Nvm, as we all know, it's still a beta.