PORSCHE GT3 CUP 992 no slipstream issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Risto Kappet, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

The car has no slipstream.
    Given it's going to be used in Simformula 2024 and it's qualifying races soon, a quick fix could be of the upmost priority for S397.

2. vava74

vava74 Registered

I will not say that you are wrong, but I watch quite a bit of Porsche Cup races and I don't see any significant slipstream effect.
    Overtaking seems to be done with a combo of better braking technique and later in the races better tyres.

As another example where people seem to get the wrong impression, GT3 cars also don't benefit from slipstream in any way that it allows you to slingshot yourself to overtake.

British GT raced this year in Portimão and the broadcast is excellent to confirm this as there was no slipstream overtaking at the end of the main straight at all.

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  3. Jernej Simoncic

Jernej Simoncic Registered

The point is not that there is no slipstream overtaking, but that there is literally (<5ms per longest straights) zero slipstream. When you say there is no slipstream overtakes IRL, it means nobody drafts by someone else. But overtakes are facilitated by the fact that a big car at 250kph leaves enough slipstream that if the car behind is 3 tenths behind exiting last corner at Bahrain, it will be 0.1 or 0.150 behind going into the braking zone and therefore being able do initiate a move in the braking zone.

With rF2 Porsche cup car, you exit corner with 0.2 gap, and after 1km straight you are still 0.2 behind. This is not how physics works, unless Porsche has managed to create an aerodynamics miracle (they haven't).

JEmilio and Jeroen Goudeseune like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Going back to @Risto Kappet's original post. From what we have read, the DEVS are all focused on completing Le Mans Ultimate. And yes, that means ALL the devs that have survived the MSG bloodbath. There is no-one available for any sort of 'quick fix.'
    2nd. We have seen threads here for years for one car or another about a lack of substantial slip stream. I don't recall any quick fix for any of those discussions.

5. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

He has been racing with this car since it came out with the same conditions, the gt3cup has little slipstream, a European semi-final I think we have to adapt to what there is (they have the level for it I think) and in that case who should do it would be Simformula.