PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 660 - Graphics card - GF GTX 660 - 2 GB GDDR5 - PCI Express 3.0

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by metalhead7, Jun 26, 2014.

1. metalhead7

metalhead7 Registered

Hi All,
    i want to upgrade my Nvidia GTX460 to a Gtx 660 (specs as above ) cause i can get it for about 200.00 on my Dell preferred account. can anybody give me any feedback on the GTX 660? will it be an improvement? thanks in advance.

2. patsax95

patsax95 Registered

I have had my gtx 660 for around a year now, and I've been really happy with it. Obviously it's not the best card, but at least for me it gets the job done.

At Silverstone I get with one screen around 100 fps alone on track with the settings below

View attachment 13327

3. DocJones

DocJones Registered

View attachment 13328

That's what I run with my ASUS 660. Add AA Level 4 and HDR using rF2 config.exe, and my 4,5 years old pc (see my profile for details) is good for >50 fps at the start of races in ~20 car fields (all cars visible, mirrors enabled), increasing to ~80 quite fast after the start. Easily > 100 when driving alone. Note that Environmental Reflections = Off still give you reflections on cars.

Very happy with the rather cheap upgrade the GTX 660 was, given that I can run rF2 looking quite good with my old pc. If you're using more than one monitor though or are looking for the absolute best rF2 can deliver graphics-wise, you won't be satisfied with a 660.

edit: Here are some comparisons between a 460 and a 660 in different games.
    edit2: the PNY GTX 660 XLR8 uses the reference cooler, it seems. Only buy this model if you don't mind your pc being loud. If you prefer a silent computer, see if you can get an ASUS or at least MSI 'Gaming' model.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
  4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

You have everything at full (a bit rare with a gtx660), but yes, you can, because you have auto detail fps at 182, so, you are always below 182fps and then the game reduce the graphics quality to increase them (if Im not wrong, auto detail fps do that.)