Please support ISI and write positiv review on Steam !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceDoedel, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

The current rating of rFactor2 is currently

User reviews: Mostly Positive (107 reviews) with 75 % how like rf2

I hope every real fan could write a positive review for rf2 to push up the positive ratings to higher level.

After reading some of the negative reviews, I came to the conclusion (nothing new):
    Newcomers need more guidance and help to dig into this wonderful sim.

I think that could be fixed if the default configuration will be change to novice level. For expert its easy to change but for newcomers
    this leads very often to frustration. Another obstacle is that the default car setups are not very easy to drive.
    I know, that's a no go for all professional drivers (which is true for all people here in this forum), but the 25 people how gave a
    negative review are newbies.

Assetto corsa has a rate of 87 % of 6443 reviews. Ok, its longer on the market. But with 220.000 copies sold and only 6443 reviews.
    That not very much.

I believe in the rf2 to help ISI to get a better review rating: So please spread the word to gave rf2 a rating at steam.
    A 9x % positiv rating is the goal. If you member of a league please ask your team to write a review.

I will spend today the time to write a good review for rf2. I spend so many time in rf2 playing and enjoying, that is fair enough
    to spend some time to support ISI.

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Are you asking us to lie?

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I can not understand your sorry "silly" question. Write what you want if you are not happy. I ask me at this point why you are then here ^^.
    Can't see any word or relation that RaceDoedel ask for that.
    BS post sorry.

4. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Come on Hexagramme, get busy on it!

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Nobody is asking you to lie. Just a nice review if you want to help rF2. However, while I agree it is something helpful, I think other things need to be done as well.

RF2 is the best sim in terms of physics/tire model and FFB among the ones I have tried by quite a lot. However I think that they could be in a much better position today if they had done things differently.

Graphics. Although it has improved it has not been given the importance it has. It has a catalyst effect that pays for itself. Look at assetto corsa. They focused first in graphics and now they are powerful enough to start improving the horrible physics of the first versions.

The game would also need to be dumbed down in order to be more accessible for beginners and reach a bigger audience. Many of us including ISI are too much used to the game that it is difficult to objectively judge many things. The fact of having to deal with text files to properly configure a server is completely obsolete.

Bug fixing and approach to the community. Wish list section never gets feedback from ISI. Many reported problems either until one day they hopefully get sorted. Too much responsibility is delegated at the community.

An example of that is this thread. It is the community who has to do things to help rF2 (which is not bad). It is ISI's product and they have the key to make this happen.

It should be noted that each customer opinion represent many other people that never even care to feedback in this forums. The profile of the people who enter the forums is not the average user one. It is usually the one of a fan boy or an unhappy user. An average user simply wants to enjoy and doesn't care about anything else: if he enjoys OK, if he doesn't he goes for something else. Remember that.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

6. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes it takes a bit imagination what I mean, do I mean this or is it a joke?
    Threads like this is fanboyism. If game is good there is no need to ask support my friend and if you are looking for a fight you don`t get it. :)

7. rhamm

rhamm Registered

rFactor 2 is what it is. A 75% positive rating on Steam is about where I would have expected it to be with that audience. It was never going to sell as well as games that have tons of licensed supercars that have accessible physics models and don't force you to dig through text files in a game folder to get the best experience from them.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks for injecting this otherwise nice thread with a load of bile. :rolleyes:

He's not asking anyone to lie.
    If you don't like rF2 then write a bad review if you like, or keep it to yourself, whatever your heart desires.

He's asking people who like rFactor 2 to contribute and support by writing a review on Steam.
    How on earth is that fanboyism?
    If you like a product, and feel like writing a positive review, how is that fanboyism?
    How does it hurt anyone to support something you (no not you in particular) like, for example by writing a review?

The Steam review system is there for a reason and it does make a big difference.

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

To old for fighting and obvisouly to undertstand the one or other joke^^

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

He is asking to write positive review that is fanboyism. If Tim Wheatley from ISI is asking I give my support : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23946-rFactor-on-Steam
    Simple isn't it?

11. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

I not a rf2 only fanboy. I have every sim available and I play and like them all. Each one has its on strange and weak points.
    But rf2 has its strange on the physics and thats for me the most important one.
    If you dear WhiteShadow dont like rf2 provide your feedback. If its negative its also ok. ISI can only improve if they got
    feedback and thats what I am asking for. Why is not allowed to say something positive ? Every time somebody dares to say
    "I like it", you got bashed to by a fanboy. Thats strange.:confused:

Just complaining and asking for new features and content is not helpful. To build a good race sim with a low budget and a small team
    is a very hard task. The hard core sim audience (customers) is very small.

I started my sim racing life with REVS on C64 some days ago. In 2015 I played 6 month only AC, then one month RRE.
    Since now 2 or 3 month I switched back to rf2. I solved several setup problems and now I happy with rf2.

Main reason why I like rf2: I love historic content. No other sim provide thats with a more a less realistic feeling.
    I am very often at Nordschleife with real historic cars so I know how the real feels like and I can say, rf2 is very close to this.

A company like ISI can only continue their work with customers and active positive community. Positive means a community
    which is willing to gave feedback and some passion to this nice hobby: Sim Racing.

I am personal very impressed about content, updates and improvement ISI made this year to rf2. I think that the steam
    release is also a big step forward. I believe in this product and the team behind this: Good job ISI.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm sorry but it takes a warped mind to turn something positive and supportive (like this thread) into something negative, like you've just done.
    I repeat: he did not ask people to lie and write positive reviews even if they don't like rF2.
    He asked for positive support of ISI and rF2 from people who use the sim and enjoy it. What is the harm in that?

If he had said something like "even though you hate rF2 I'd like you to write an untruthful review praising it" then you'd have a point.
    But he didn't and therefore you don't.

"If Tim Wheatley from ISI is asking I give my support"
    What does that even mean?

No one told you to write a positive review about a title you very well may dislike.
    Write whatever you like, or don't, you're the boss of you, obviously.

And please... stop with the whole "fanboy" thing.
    It's such in incredibly juvenile and condescending term.
    Also, not everyone who likes anything is a "fanboy", FYI. :rolleyes:

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

oh the irony

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I gave a positive review to rF2.
    However most negative reviews hit the points community have been asking ISI to fix/change so you can't really blame anyone here other than ISI themselves if you want to blame someone. People are just right IMO.
    Plus you get a game that crash whenever you want to drive and there is no fix yet is not doing it any favors.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Why would somebody use this forum if they don't think rF2 is a positive game? The crowd around here is ridiculous at times. Isn't it best to ignore people who have no life other than to troll software forums?

FYI When iracing went to Steam Kaemmer posted in their forums to write positive reviews for iracing on Steam. Is that under handed, fanboyism or asking people to lie?

16. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

The fact is that you did ask positive review and in my mind it is fanboyism. There is no need to try to explain afterwards what you did mean in you first post.
    You take it bit off-topic when you are accusing me to asking new futures. What I am asking in my threads is support from community, answer from ISI(Yes/No or please submit the latest build of the rF2 executables to Nvidia) not new contents or features. Maybe you should do your homework bit better next time.
    Yes, the hard core sim audience (customers) is very small but don`t this audience also have right to decent game experience? Some of us have owned rF2 from day one beta was released.

PS.I think also that the steam release is a big step forward and I like Rfactor2 also a lot.

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol literally everything turns into an argument around here.

Wrote my "fanboy" review day 1 :cool:

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Pardon? I hadn't heard of any bug affecting users at this level.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm not sure what else you expect to find on a products own forum. You're going to get a few who like the software, FYI. :)

I guess someone could have just answered your question, and said no, instead of debating why you were asking.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There is no fix yet, because there's no 100% known cause yet. The workaround seems to be to run 32bit. Being a steam only issue people are having, it's been a little hard to get to that issue as very few are actually asking about it, they instead communicate via review in a lot of cases, which doesn't do anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.