Please...Stop the "starting circus"...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fern Lop, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Fern Lop

Fern Lop Registered

Hi
    Don't if anyone was almost hit by the "clownes" when you're static at the starting line.
    I almost did...a 5 sec to the green lights.
    Please, studio397, prevent that "clownes/racers" that are on the starting line try starts a few seconds before the races start... sometimes it seems like a "circus". This isn´t a good behaviour and, I think, you should stop.
    TIA

2. redapg

redapg Registered

I don't think that there currently is a Way, to prevent such a Behaviour.
    But these People, that start before green Light, should normally get a Penalty from the Game, which makes it easier to get better Finish Positions for the properly starting Racers. :)

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wonder if lag is coming into play? Those with poor connections may not be getting the green flag as quickly as those with super connections.(although 5 secs does seem waaay excessive)

4. Comante

Comante Registered

If you lag, by definition, you're late, not early. But I've never seen people jump starting in the order of seconds, maybe is the new trend of boredom.
    I think the fix is quite easy : if you move the car more than X, Y time before green flag, kick player from server.
    End of question.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Not if they hit you and damage your car. They can even push you and get you a penalty too.

They should be reported.

PedroJ likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

So the bigger Problem is, that they hit other Cars when they start sooner and not that they gain an Advantage?
    As said, i don't race in the new System yet, so i have no Experience how the races go.

7. atomed

atomed Member

If you mean these guys using the 2 min grid formation period before race start to practice standing starts I agree, they should get a penalty. That behavior probably is not detectable by the sim but they should directly start from pitlane.

8. Comante

Comante Registered

Now I think I understand the scenario, it happen because you are allowed to enter the grid and leave it before the timer ends... and reenter it. I think it should be disabled, if you exit, you are toasted. There is plenty of time to check if you fueled the car or loaded the right setup, and to give a quick check to the control devices.
    I've probably never seen it because I wait to the last 30 40 seconds before joining.

Fern Lop and atomed like this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

@Comante I agree except for an issue I use to have, that is selecting fuel before quali end. When changing session, the fuel resets even if the setup page showed the fuel I selected. So instead of starting with, let´s say 7L of fuel, it does it with 20L default. If I weren´t allowed to go back to box and correct it I´d do the race with extra weight.

10. Comante

Comante Registered

I always interpreted that issue as a bug (the constant resetting of the setup) , I hope it get fixed, anyway, the former idea of kicking player that move on the grid or freezing the positions until the count down starts, are all viable ideas to solve the problem.

11. elgagon

elgagon Registered

To kick someone because has moved on the grid seems a bit excesive.
    In the web where i was if you moved before the green light you received a penalty.
    And if you started before and pressed esc, you couldn't return to the grid and had to start from the pitlane.

PedroJ and atomed like this.
  12. Comante

Comante Registered

If you move few centimeters, ok, if you move enough to hit someone, it's a no no to me.

elgagon likes this.
  13. elgagon

elgagon Registered

I agree, but is the op speaking abou this?
    Actually, I don't quite understand what the op says. Clowns, circus...
    I've seen people training starts before the greenlight, which i don't agree with, but that's all.

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It's not ideal, especially when you spawn in and someone is mid burn out through your grid spot and your wheel is wrenched out your hands. Thankfully you can esc and get back on the grid with the car undamaged.

15. Fern Lop

Fern Lop Registered

Well....I presumed you make it too!!
    :mad:

16. Fern Lop

Fern Lop Registered

Not agree.
    If studio397 and rfactor2 want to be a serious simulator it has to stop...
    Sometimes are 3/4 cars "testing starts"...!!!!
    Please point me out another game that permits these clowns making this... :confused:

Another day I post something about another problem and someone said " well... races in real life are like this...so if rfactor2 pretend to "clone" the real we should accept that it is." And i agreed with the post, 100%. So...I say studio397 should stop this behaviour.
    It's my opinion, off course...
    I'm with rfactor 2 almost from the very beginning of the game (ISI) and stayed with it (tried one or other sim but always comeback to rf2) because I thought and I think it's THE SIMULATOR ... but the behaviour of those guys do not help rfactor 2...
    Tia for you time

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It wouldn't be that hard to detect. If the car crosses a limit around the grid position they should get a penalty. If they're ahead of their grid position another penalty, I think this is already done. If they hit a car before the race starts then DNF.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
    atomed likes this.
  18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I'm not saying I agree with the behaviour, I want it stopped too... but unsure if it's something that ever will be.

Fern Lop likes this.