Please release ISI Drift car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fullsus, Sep 21, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

? and I said if someone wants to build one fine, I never said drift was stupid ? ban it ? lol

You read too much into what I say. ;)

If he wants to add to a "wish" there is one BIG thread for them.

Making singular threads in general comments for ISI to make every car we feel like, you got more chance asking Santa for a new bike.

...........as in the reason behind the servers for the most part being bare.

Again I thought that was obvious from this...............

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Things are hardly ever obvious with you :)

The chances of getting what he wished for are equally zero in whatever forum it is posted.
    But pointing them to forza/nfs just because they want something different, that's borderline arrogant. peeps love rf2 and consequently want to see things happen that they care about.

I've been asking for grenade launchers for more then 3 years now. I wont get it, but I will put in the request in from time to time anyways. I know they have grenade launchers in BF4 but the physics are just not that good :p

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I was being serious don't aracde cars " drift" better ?

They certainly still make 100s of drift skins for Shift as we speak ?

Must be huge rooms of them drifting around..........somewhere.

AC drifts well from what I see on videos but I doubt most class of people in there would be happy you doing it. hehehe

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I don't know much about drifting but I can imagine they drift better because those games allow for more unrealistic control, hence people 'getting away' with odd behaviour. Mario Kart has awesome drifts, they even speed up the car when doing 3 drifts in a row.

A sim racer whom also likes drifting would want to avoid that so in my mind its perfectly normal for someone wanting to do it in a more realistic manner, in rf2.

5. Maug

Maug Registered

No, arcade such as Shift/Forza don't drift better. First they are made primarily for pad users. Second Shift has an horrible input lag and the xbox wheel needs to be a Fanatec and suffers from some similar lag aswell. In fact most arcade racing game have a wonky feeling with a steering wheel, even more when drifting. You want zero input lag when drifting. AC doesn't drift that well, it feels completely disconnected. A decent rFactor drift mod with realfeel gives much more information through the FFB.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol, about the only satisfaction I can get out of AC is actually the drifting, which I find quite fun.

They completely messed up the racing feel somehow, but the drifting feels pretty sweet...
    When I take to time to try it... About every 3 months lol... ;)

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

What gets in the way of my enjoyment is my steering wheel (can feel the resistance and cogging) and the way I am forced to have my setup which is sub-optimal. Drifting would be a major hassle.

Major hassle

[​IMG]

8. Adrian

Adrian Registered

100% agree and RF2 is the best platform for drifting. Tire management is a very important part of drifting and RF2 is the only sim that comes close to doing it right.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wrg40g5k4w6qprw/adriftcar.rfcmp Here's a drift "mod" that i've been playing around with in devmode for a while. It's pretty much just a physics set for the 370z.

It isn't based of any real data, just a bit of knowledge but does a fair job of simulating what its supposed to. :) 2 "classes" lower powered Clubsport class and a more "pro-AM" class

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't think any tires would last more than 2 minutes in rF2 if you're drifting around a track. Probably 5-6 bars would be completely gone, the first one in maybe 5 seconds.