Please help with SIM-Lab P1X rig

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bidle, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Hi All,

I raced for many years with my Fanatec Rennsport, and customized it during the years. So now I wanted to add overhead monitor and needed to do some custom work again. So decided to buy a new SIM-lab P1-Pro. Also looked at the ,X-Pro, but decided it is just not for me,... still a lot is not available, but is coming. Like adding a button-box etc.

So my question. On the new sides there are only two grooves/lines, instead of the usual 4. Now I need to mount the Slip-Angle-kit, but it needs those two grooves next to each other.
    Therefore, I'm looking for a plate that I can mount on the side, that has still 4 lines as well. To fit the Slip-Angle-kit.

I hope this babbeling makes sense. See the sides of the new and old rig below.

New:
    [​IMG]

old:
    [​IMG]

The Sllip-Angle-Kit (in the drawing top right, you can see the two holes to attach it to the side of your rig.
    [​IMG]

As always, thanks for your time to read and possibly help me out!!

2. AKR

AKR Registered

Ah new version, better looking maybe, but not handy ! I do not own this slip angle set, but it appears to me you cannot do it (stable) with only the pieces you ordered. Best would be to use or make some mount. I am sure simlab can advice !

Bidle likes this.
  3. Bidle

Bidle Registered

I understand,.. the kit is the kit. Some people who upgraded used a plate from their old rig.

4. AKR

AKR Registered

How do the fronts and backs of the bars look like? I mean after removing the plastic caps on the back and front. Maybe you can attach it there. There might be a profile like structure that you can maybe use.

Bidle likes this.
  5. AKR

AKR Registered

Bidle likes this.
  6. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Thank you so much, I'll try this!! Unfortunately, I'm not technical at all,.. already happy to get this thing build. ;-)

7. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Quick update as there were many delays with delivery of parts.

Will indeed use the corner brackets. I ordered a bunch of them, but they all have a little 'nodge' on the bottom. This makes them only able to install in the direction of the 'beam'. So can't turn them facing the SlipAngle mount. Therefore I ordered some smaller 'beams' with exactly the size of the Slip-Angle mount and will put them on the bottom. Hopefully getting it by the end of next week. Will post a photo when done, it is the least I can do to give this topic some closure. ;)

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If it's what I'm thinking of, you can snap that nodge off with a screwdriver and align it however you want.

Bidle likes this.
  9. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Unfortunately not possible or I need to grind it. Have them from multiple suppliers. I also have those swinging connections and they indeed have 'nodges' that can be removed. Somehow I also feel it might be more sturdy to add a profile in between. Not to say you are wrong!

10. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Okay, finally able to start building!

Here two photo’s of the solution and now the rest. A nice road ahead of me. :)

[imghttps://www.flickr.com/gp/bidle/q92E4Cq2M6[/img]

ps. sorry on phone and can’t get the photo to show; fix it later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]